• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lauren Booth - convert to islam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lauren Booth - convert to islam

I believe this ghastly woman and her massively self publicised conversion to islam has been commented upon before.

Well, this morning she was given another outing courtesy of Radio 5 by dint of the topic of their morning phone-in being on white people who convert to Islam. Apparently there are over 100000 of them in the UK and the majority are women.

My own view is that most of these have married a moselman and the rest are spoilt little "look at me" overgrown teenagers who go on about the way they are "empowered" through Islam when in reality dressing up in all that garb makes them look different & stand out. Plus the fact their parents won't like it.

Anyway, back to Ms Booth, she fielded several calls from critics and prefixed several of her answers with "The Prophet says...blah blah blah". She even called one caller "brother". And she's only been one for 3 months! FFS somebody shoot her!

Agreed. Nice jubblies though, shame they are going to be covered up now.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Heard her on the radio this morning. Sounds like a very affected person - the type that needs a religion IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Nice jubblies though, shame they are going to be covered up now.
        What, this tub?
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...ren-Booth.html

Comment

I admit I have a very poor taste threshold, but yup, them's the puppies.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I wonder if she's aware that Islam isn't the sort of religion you can just 'drop' in favour of a more quirky and/or contencious one when the interview and panel show offers run out?
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              I wonder if she's aware that Islam isn't the sort of religion you can just 'drop' in favour of a more quirky and/or contencious one when the interview and panel show offers run out?
              She's free to do what she wants in this country.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Sadly not. We don't have arranged marriages and "honour" beatings/killings as part of our culture yet the unfortunate victims of these are not 'free to do as they want'.

She's a Muslim first and an Englishwoman second.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  She's free to do what she wants in this country.
                  Yeah, just like Salman Rushdie was. Oh, and the Danish bloke who did the cartoons.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Sadly not. We don't have arranged marriages and "honour" beatings/killings as part of our culture yet the unfortunate victims of these are not 'free to do as they want'.
                    I thought we had a royal family that showed us the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X