• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Imagine if they'd had this when you were young

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine if they'd had this when you were young

Ford cars get draconian parental controls

MyKey works with the MyFord Touch system, a standard feature on many US models which can already lock on the traction control and limit the stereo volume to protect a child's delicate hearing. Now the beloved first-born* can have his top speed capped, and isn't even allowed to listen to "explicit" radio stations, which should remove any remaining vestige of street credibility.
    Aaargh! Nothing but Radio 2:
    • The Mike Sammes Singers - Take a good song, and make it sound like all the others
    • The NLO (Northern Light Orchestra) - Take a good song, and make it sound like all the others
    • Waggoners Walk in the afternoons

and to top it off, nothing but religious broadcasts on a Sunday.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    • The Mike Sammes Singers - Take a good song, and make it sound like all the others
    • The NLO (Northern Light Orchestra) - Take a good song, and make it sound like all the others

Yes, Radio 2 is exactly like that.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

[url=http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/04/ford_mykey/]
      The Mike Sammes Singers - Take a good song, and make it sound like all the others
      Did their version of Up Up and Away really sound any different to the 5th Dimension's?

And as for Waggoner's Walk, you're really going way back there.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Yes, Radio 2 was exactly like that.
        FTFY
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Radio 2 is much like radio 1 with all the tulip 'urban' bands filtered out.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Radio 2 is much like radio 1 with all the tulip 'urban' bands filtered out.
            ...and without that tit Scott Mills.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              ...and without that tit Scott Mills.

It's one of the most debated puzzles of our time. You have Scott Mills and Chris Moyles in a room but only have one bullet. It's a nightmare to solve because in all the simulations I've run, I can never get the two tw@ts to stand next to each other long enough to take aim and get them both.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                It's one of the most debated puzzles of our time. You have Scott Mills and Chris Moyles in a room but only have one bullet. It's a nightmare to solve because in all the simulations I've run, I can never get the two tw@ts to stand next to each other long enough to take aim and get them both.

Any suggestions?
                You could always take them both to a room with no windows, one door to which you have the key, and one large wooden table.

You could shoot one dead with your gun, then strip the other naked. Insert a long piece of razor wire up his bottom. Tie the other end of the wire to a leg of the table, then set the table on fire and leave the room, locking the door.

If you felt like it, like.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Ford cars get draconian parental controls

In my youth, you had to purchase a separate licence to have a car radio and it was too expensive. I used to have my portable radio on the back parcel shelf listening to Radio Luxemburg.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                  X