• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Matching email intro/sig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matching email intro/sig

Over the past couple of months I've noticed a strange phenomenon. I write somebody an email (using some variant of 'dear X'/'hi X'/'hello X' and 'yours'/'cheers'/'regards') and they reply using EXACTLY THE SAME format.

Is this happening to anybody else?
    Is somebody actually teaching it as good business practice, as some kind of cod-NLP technique?
    and could you please stop?

ta,
    tl

Originally posted by thunderlizard
    Over the past couple of months I've noticed a strange phenomenon. I write somebody an email (using some variant of 'dear X'/'hi X'/'hello X' and 'yours'/'cheers'/'regards') and they reply using EXACTLY THE SAME format.

Is somebody actually teaching it as good business practice, as some kind of cod-NLP technique?

ta,
    tl

ta,
    tl
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

ta,
      tl

ta,
      tl

ta,
      tl
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I have noticed it TL especially if I use Cheers
        I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard

ta,
          tl
          Jokes aside, I've noticed it too.

ta,
          SG
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's because all your friends are bots...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

What makes you think all his friends are bots?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                What makes you think all his friends are bots?
                Be quiet Eliza
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                X