• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good start to the new year.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good start to the new year.....

I hope....

loads of roles appeared within commuting distance today, every one i applied for I got a call back. No interviews arranged yet, but not looking too bad....

Anybody else feeling optimistic today?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I hope....

loads of roles appeared within commuting distance today, every one i applied for I got a call back. No interviews arranged yet, but not looking too bad....

Dead cat bounce.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      I hope....

I've watched the number of roles rise as the day progresses. However, after two months (chosen) bench time, I feel dead rusty. Books and the Kindle have been dusted off yet I still have the dealing with agents fear. Must get back on the saddle...

Does everyone have this same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        I've watched the number of roles rise as the day progresses. However, after two months (chosen) bench time, I feel dead rusty. Books and the Kindle have been dusted off yet I still have the dealing with agents fear. Must get back on the saddle...

Does everyone have this same problem?
        I take it from this that you mean the fear the agent has because you have been on the bench for a couple of months?

Possible answers are :

Downtime to retrain
        Long holiday

Contractors have gaps. This is normal. I remember someone telling me once that as a contractor you should aim to work at least 9 months of the year.

If an agency gives you grief because of this they most probably just got drafted in from the perm division and don't understand. Be patient, but firm.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I take it from this that you mean the fear the agent has because you have been on the bench for a couple of months?
          I assumed he meant the literal fear of dealing with agents.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I assumed he meant the literal fear of dealing with agents.
            Whereas the only fear he should have is about his "taboid English"

Comment

I think it's a good market at the mo. I'm sorted for six months with three different contract offers. Already signed up for two, but probably going to give notice on one of them(I have a 20 day notice period) so I can go back to a client who lives next door to my house.

Agent & client are going to be seriously pissed off if I give notice though.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Agent & client are going to be seriously pissed off if I give notice though.
                Add your wife to the list...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Whereas the only fear he should have is about his "taboid English"
                  That's a comprehensive education for you. I am still waiting for the refund.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Add your wife to the list...
                    I wear the trousers in my house AtW. Unlike you and Suity who both wear skirts.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X