• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parachute jumping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parachute jumping

My 18 yr old daughter wants me to pay for her to jump out of a plane as her christmas present.

now she wants me to do it as well

has anyone here ever done it ? what about that tandem malarky ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    My 18 yr old daughter wants me to pay for her to jump out of a plane as her christmas present.

I've never done it for pleasure. Never will.

If she wants to have a go then why not get her to do it for charity and collect the relevant sponsorship?

Saves you forking out the beer tokens. It would also test her commitment.

Comment

Why not walk across a motorway, it’s exhilarating, it’s cheaper and more chance of survival
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Have a look at this website

Tandem is fun, but costly prices vary from £150 to £300, if you do a charity dive, you will end up having to raise a minimum amount before they'll let you dive.

You'll enjoy it!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

No ******* way would I let any child of mine, of legal age or not, jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane for 'fun.'
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I'll sponsor EO for a tenner if he does it without a parachute.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I'll sponsor EO for a tenner if he does it without a parachute.
              I'll throw in a tenner if he is hand cuffed to you during the jump...

Comment

You would have to offer millions to even get me to think about it.

I am tulip scared of heights.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  You would have to offer millions to even get me to think about it. I am tulip scared of heights.
                  I'll give you a tenner to go right to the bottom of the deepest coal mine in the UK, deal?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    I'll give you a tenner to go right to the bottom of the deepest coal mine in the UK, deal?
                    No, i'm not going down there to run your build file for SKA.

Comment

Working...
                    X