• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banking Customer Service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banking Customer Service

Who do you use for your day to day banking (current account) and what is their customer service like?

I have an account with Nat West and am tired of their poor customer service so am now scouting around for an alternative.

I have a dormant Barclays current account which I am thinking of 're-activating'. Are they any good?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Who do you use for your day to day banking (current account) and what is their customer service like?

I have an account with Nat West and am tired of their poor customer service so am now scouting around for an alternative.

I have a dormant Barclays current account which I am thinking of 're-activating'. Are they any good?
    Smile are excellent, including their call centres.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      The only bank I was warned off banking with as my parents had Barclays accounts.

My day to day banking is done with building societies who are fine, as I tend to avoid interacting with people in person and do my banking online or on rare occasions on the phone speaking to people with regional UK accents.

I've just opened a metrobank account. Don't know if they are any good but I got free lollies and a cool bag.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I am with First Direct. Haven't had much need to speak to anybody over the phone about my financial affairs as the Internet Banking facility is good enough, but on the occasion that I have, the phone has been answered within a few rings and I was straight through to someone who speaks the queen's English.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

"Banking", "Customer" and "Service" are words that do not belong together. I did a straw poll on your behalf (v. small sample size)
          Barclays are pretty awful. Co-Op seem to be well-rated. RBS are OK.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

My Griffin Saver account with Midland Bank gave me a free bag with a dictionary and a pencil case in it. How cool is that.

Comment

I've been with Barclays most my life; Business account is Barclays too.

Customer service is fantastic. The web page is always friendly and helpful and does what I want without making a fuss. As to what people are like on the phone or in person, I've no idea. I'm not sure why you'd need to know.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

HSBC have good service if you get to be a Premier customer (there are various ways to achieve that). 24 hour UK call centre, and it's easy to get to see your account manager or one of their (biased) financial advisers if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  .... Co-Op seem to be well-rated...
                  Yes - I would recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I've been with Barclays most my life; Business account is Barclays too.

Customer service is fantastic. The web page is always friendly and helpful and does what I want without making a fuss. As to what people are like on the phone or in person, I've no idea. I'm not sure why you'd need to know.
                    WHS

I'm with barclays, business & current & joint & savings.. i've also just switched to their "life" account. 17.50 a month, free RAC breakdown, airport lounges, gadget cover, "lifestyle manager" + more, I feel like Mariah Carey.

Seriously, I haven't "phoned" customer services for years, barlcays stockbrokers on the other hand.... p1ss up and brewery come to mind.
                    Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
                    X