• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toothy dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toothy dilemma

The nerve in one of my upper molars is dying.

Visited the dentist and the options are tooth removal or root canal/crown.

Erring on the side of root canal/crown, as I don't want a gap there if the tooth is removed, but the mere thought of this treatment is making me wince.

And the cost of this prospective pain? A snip at £750.

Really not sure what to do.

Who's had this done and how did things work out?

How can they justify £750? How long does the procedure take?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      £375 for the root canal treatment and £375 for the crown.

Involves four visits with the first (root canal work) and last (crown fitting) taking an hour each.

I believe dentists don't have to justify their prices.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Dentists are probably pulling (sorry) about 500k a year.

Doctors hate them.

Comment

Get a Gold one ..... cha.!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            The nerve in one of my upper molars is dying.

Visited the dentist and the options are tooth removal or root canal/crown.

Erring on the side of root canal/crown, as I don't want a gap there if the tooth is removed, but the mere thought of this treatment is making me wince.

And the cost of this prospective pain? A snip at £750.

Really not sure what to do.

Who's had this done and how did things work out?
            PM me for details if you want. My dentist is tops for pain free root canal and crown work. He is based in Prague an cheaper than the UK
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I always chuckle when IT contractors try to break another business' costs down to time and materials.

I'm not saying that Dentists aren't money fleecing chancers but their costs do significantly outweigh ours of a £300 lappy and an HB pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                I always chuckle when IT contractors try to break another business' costs down to time and materials.

I'm not saying that Dentists aren't money fleecing chancers but their costs do significantly outweigh ours of a £300 lappy and an HB pencil.

It's not just contractors who visit dentists, it's also people earning minimum wage. No laughing matter.

Comment

My dentist failed Mechanial Engineering in his first year, decided it was too tough. Swine.

Comment

my dentist is an Asian with the name M.T. Khan.

I didnt know whethere to laugh or cry till he gave me the nitrous oxide

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X