• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its going to get MUCH better under the tories.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its going to get MUCH better under the tories.

Erm perhaps not. 20% VAT rate is here to stay. Apparently.

George Osborne hints he would lower income tax before cutting VAT - Telegraph

The Chancellor said he considered the new 20 per cent VAT rate “permanent” and refused to say it would come down once the economy recovers and the deficit paid down.

Oh, the 20% VAT rate is a price worth paying apparently, Yes, just like 4 million unemployed was a price worth paying, wasnt it lamont?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Gordon Brown.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It's very rare I actually have an opinion, but this time I do and the OP has got my gander up a little I'm afraid.

The country is in uncomprehensible amounts of debt. Just as if you had a lot of credit cards to pay off, you would have to try and cut your cloth to fit. The previous tossers pissed away all our money knowing that they would not ever be voted in again, in what to my mind was wreckless and essentially treason (or crimes against the state, whichever, I'd hang the ****ers anyway).

This economy is totally ****ed, and any measures to try and fix it get my backing. Granted now beer is over £3 a pint I will visit the pub less. Basics cost more so I will have to cut back on luxuries. Tough tulip, seriously. JFDI

Previous generations actually HAD to struggle. I hate this generation of moaning, whinging, "oooh look my kids got ADHD", "I need my own psychiatrist", "my garden is posher than your garden", have a bunch of kids and ponce off the state, asbo ridden, spoilt little bastards that call themselves hoodies and think they are owed respect because they carry knives, effette arseholes.

We are in debt. We need to pay this down. It will be tough, it's supposed to be. No one made people borrow 70 times their salary to buy a 7 bedroom mansion, we have been greedy. Time to pay the piper, so let's get on with it.

No offence like,
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

WSYS except Im not cutting back because I
        can afford beer, fags and luxury goods cause Im a CONTRACTOR!!!!

Bloody permies.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Erm perhaps not. 20% VAT rate is here to stay. Apparently.
          And you probably wish you did not need to pay that and other indirect taxes by registering with some "clever" offshore scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            And you probably wish you did not need to pay that and other indirect taxes by registering with some "clever" offshore scheme?
            Ouch!
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              WSYS except Im not cutting back because I
              can afford beer, fags and luxury goods cause Im a CONTRACTOR!!!!

Bloody permies.
              I'm actually increasing my supply of the above mentioned just to help pay the deficit back (hopefully in time for the NHS to look after my tobacco related disease ridden corpulent body)
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                I'm actually increasing my supply of the above mentioned just to help pay the deficit back (hopefully in time for the NHS to look after my tobacco related disease ridden corpulent body)
                Sir, you are a real patriot!

P.S. The only way you can top it up is by passing away before your pension is due...

Comment

No spending cuts, no tax increases. Vote for me.

Ed Milliband

Comment

I'm getting confused, whose turn is it to use the 'Tax Bombshell' billboard posters?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X