• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need a decent fruit press

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a decent fruit press

With a view to starting winemaking I did a search on fruit presses, and all I could find were cheap nasty little wooden things that various experts on relevant forums were confident would barely last a year. Also, the sizes were derisory, such as 1 litre and 5.5 litres.

Anyone know where I can buy a *proper* fruit press, with a titanium pot and at least 10 litre capacity. I'll make do with steel if I have to, but no aluminium rubbish.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

A fruit press? Are you sure? I just pulp the stuff in a bucket using a fecking great blade attachment on my power drill.

They do exist (this link might work) but if you're just starting out are you sure you want to commit to the expenditure?

Edit: drill attachment with lid. I didn't pay that much for it.

Edit: You can also get a degasser that fits in your power drill for removing CO2.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 5 January 2011, 19:53. Reason: Added links
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      With a view to starting winemaking I did a search on fruit presses, and all I could find were cheap nasty little wooden things that various experts on relevant forums were confident would barely last a year. Also, the sizes were derisory, such as 1 litre and 5.5 litres.

Anyone know where I can buy a *proper* fruit press, with a titanium pot and at least 10 litre capacity. I'll make do with steel if I have to, but no aluminium rubbish.
      I've got one of these:

Link

Works a treat and the most important thing is that you can really crank it without fear of it breaking. Beware of some presses - I had one with a cast metal frame (aluminum?) that I wanted to use for pressing apples. Not up to the job - I broke 2 of them & had to really blag to get my money back on the second occassion.

What you pressing at this time of year?

Comment

Working...
      X