• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Having Problems Contacting Upton Accountants?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Having Problems Contacting Upton Accountants?

Have really been a little dissapointed with the whole Upton accountants -

Been with them for about a year and at first kept getting different people to talk to (almost like a nightclub with peopel coming and going) Then I started contacting Darren directly and have been less then impressed

Is it just me or has the level of service dropped off?

PM me if you want to keep anonymous but I might start looking at Intouch who I hear good things about

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
    Have really been a little dissapointed with the whole Upton accountants -

Been with them for about a year and at first kept getting different people to talk to (almost like a nightclub with peopel coming and going) Then I started contacting Darren directly and have been less then impressed

Is it just me or has the level of service dropped off?
    No, me too. Also my view is of disappointment (given benefit of the doubt after FSA probs they had too). Service has dropped off and things aren't ready despite assurances, chasing, reminders etc..

I might go back to Aus soon!

Comment

Sorry to hear youre having problems contacting us, drop me a pm or email.

As for staffing, over the last 12 months we've lost 3 in total and 2 of which were to maternity leave! They've all been successfully replaced and continue to recruit in order to deal with the number of referrals coming through.

The staff have largely been with us for a few years and work well together as a small team so are able to deal with queries on behalf of others when away on holiday or study leave.

Like I say, any issues, let me know so can be sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
        Sorry to hear youre having problems contacting us, drop me a pm or email.

As for staffing, over the last 12 months we've lost 3 in total and 2 of which were to maternity leave! They've all been successfully replaced and continue to recruit in order to deal with the number of referrals coming through.

The staff have largely been with us for a few years and work well together as a small team so are able to deal with queries on behalf of others when away on holiday or study leave.

Like I say, any issues, let me know so can be sorted.
        I have had three PMs from previous clients
        saying they experienced the same thing - I have dropped you many emails personally and made you aware of my dissapointments. Can you check your inbox?

Its also material for clients to have an appreciation on where you are with the serious allegations made against you in this thread

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...vestors-3.html

Comment

Info

Sure, the investigations have been concluded and no further action is being taken.

I've nothing in my inbox as yet this morning.

Comment

I've had no problems this year with Uptons, all coms replied to, accounts and SA all done on time as long as provide them all the info in a reasonable time frame etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
              Sure, the investigations have been concluded and no further action is being taken.

I've nothing in my inbox as yet this morning.
              Great - So whereas before you could not 'reveal too much information' because an investigation was underway you should now be in a position to explain exactly what happened and how you got caught up in this.

Is there a publication from a registered body (like FSA) to say this has now been resolved and all investors of your unregulated fund have been paid in full?

Comment

Legals

The investigations have been concluded but there's still legal issues from our side to resolve...basically we're taking someone to court.

Comment

Originally posted by richy
                  Litigation is not always the answer. Open communication is better.

The fob off replies from Uptons are not ideal, "almost ready", "just finalising over the next few days" etc. Issues weren't sorted despite the frequent comms originating with us.

Would it not have been better to be upfront and honest about the staffing problems you have just revealed? And do that immediately next time.

** That is always the best policy in the way I work, I often tell clients "Sorry, I have an existing project I am working on, I do not have the resources to complete your deliverables at the moment, therefore I will not be able to take it on".

** I would not take it on and then give excuses about my cat being ill, or my garage door not locking or even staff being off etc etc. That is irrelevant to my clients!

A little hilarious that Uptons are taking on referrals when already overstretched! Perhaps drop those new referrals a pm or email to let them know *realistic* timescales? It is new year's resolution time after all!
                  God I hope for your sake Uptons have completed what you wanted doing already after all this bitching on the forum. I been with Uptons for 4-5 years never had a prob, in fact this year eoy accounts were completed well a head of schedule.
                  Last edited by Bumfluff; 6 January 2011, 21:18.

Comment

Originally posted by richy
                    Litigation is not always the answer. Open communication is better.

The fob off replies from Uptons are not ideal, "almost ready", "just finalising over the next few days" etc. Issues weren't sorted despite the frequent comms originating with us.

Would it not have been better to be upfront and honest about the staffing problems you have just revealed? And do that immediately next time.

** That is always the best policy in the way I work, I often tell clients "Sorry, I have an existing project I am working on, I do not have the resources to complete your deliverables at the moment, therefore I will not be able to take it on".

** I would not take it on and then give excuses about my cat being ill, or my garage door not locking or even staff being off etc etc. That is irrelevant to my clients!

A little hilarious that Uptons are taking on referrals when already overstretched! Perhaps drop those new referrals a pm or email to let them know *realistic* timescales? It is new year's resolution time after all!
                    I use SJD so have no vested interest, just wanted to let you know you sound like a right c0ck.

HTHBIDI

Comment

Working...
                    X