• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasses-less 3D TV...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasses-less 3D TV...

How the **** does that work then?

Seen one in Singapore. Pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      I'm fairly my TV is 3D and I don't need glasses.

Do you not like living in a 2d world then Churchy?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The 'screen' is actually several layers of pictures.

We'll all be going back to massive chunky set boxes taking up half the living room soon.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I'm fairly my TV is 3D and I don't need glasses.

Do you not like living in a 2d world then Churchy?
          Oh how I laughed.

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post

We'll all be going back to massive chunky set boxes taking up half the living room soon.
          That's not how they describe it here...

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Art...pcs-at-ces.htm
          Last edited by Churchill; 6 January 2011, 15:15.

Comment

Easy. You go to t'shop, pay a few thousand quiddles, take it home, take it out of the box, breaking something while you're at it, plug it in, fight for 4 hours with the bloody settings to connect it to your cable provider's box, phone t'helpdesk, get no help after half an hour's wait, start breaking the little bubbles on the bubble wrap, then give up and go down the pub to ask that boring geek that nobody likes but seems to know about this stuff if he'll come and help you set it up.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Easy. You go to t'shop, pay a few thousand quiddles, take it home, take it out of the box, breaking something while you're at it, plug it in, fight for 4 hours with the bloody settings to connect it to your cable provider's box, phone t'helpdesk, get no help after half an hour's wait, start breaking the little bubbles on the bubble wrap, then give up and go down the pub to ask that boring geek that nobody likes but seems to know about this stuff if he'll come and help you set it up.
              Err, slight flaw in the cunning plan...

Can you guess where it is yet?

Comment

Err, slight flaw in the cunning plan...

Can you guess where it is yet?
                Yes, you might have to invite one of gricerboy's friends into your house. Failing that, you're the boring geek that nobody likes.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Yes, you might have to invite one of gricerboy's friends into your house. Failing that, you're the boring geek that nobody likes.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post

Alternatively, we can't be far off being able to fire very low powered laser beams into each eye separately, which would do away with the big box and screen altogether. You could even watch two programmes at once.

Comment

Working...
                    X