• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scunthorpe United

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scunthorpe United

Scunthorpe United apologise for 'unfortunate error' after missing 'S' leads to X-rated calendar | Mail Online

(S)cunthorpe United or Millwall?

Scunthorpe fan Jamie Muir had received the personalised year planner as a Christmas present from his mother. He was taken aback when he saw a glaring mistake in a message that should have read 'Jamie Muir, Scunthorpe United Number One Fan'.

'I had to rub my eyes,' Mr Muir told The Sun. ' I thought I was seeing things. Initially, I thought the publishers had made a mistake with mine. But then I got a letter and a sticker. They asked us to put it over the mistake but I reckon I'll keep it as it is!'

That was no 'mistake'.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

rilliant! hey will be orth a ortune one ay!

- Graham, Trying to make some sense out of life - in the Garden of Eden (Tenerife), 6/1/2011 12:44

Erm...... what on earth are you talking about? I have an Arsenal calendar. Am I using an obscenity? The only obscenity in football is Tottenham!

- Katya, London, 6/1/2011 11:45
      Some reader's comments worth quoting.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Some reader's comments worth quoting.
        Easy now Cranium.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Easy now Cranium.

It seemed such a novelty that there were any reader's comments worth quoting, I thought it mentionable.

Usually on the Daily Hate On-line it is just variations on "Send 'em home".
          Last edited by RichardCranium; 6 January 2011, 19:32. Reason: Got the Daily Wail's name wrong

Comment

E.g.

Maybe they should rename it Svaginahorpe to keep everyone happy

- Dan, outside the EUSSR, 06/1/2011 15:35

Absolutely disgraceful, and probably done by someone as a joke. They should be sacked, as should the person who was supposed to check the calenders before they got sent out.

- Donald, Scotland, 6/1/2011 7:57
            Mad tomato alert!

i cannot believe you people in britain actually see any offence in this. What's cunthorpe anyway? What's x-rated in cunthorpe? You brits are getting so so sad and stupid, that you could actually get excited about a forgotten S. I'm so glad I moved to a real country 25 years ago. I cannot even imagin people getting excited over this, or 30 minute meials that take 50 minutes. Or even Cher Lloyd (who the hell is that anyway) is dating. I'd be getting worried about 55% of teenagers being pregnant, or welfare bums getting free villas because they have time to make 12 kids, but no, let's get really upset about a flippin' S missing in Scunthorpe! God, this country is sadddddd, as are the people living there!

- Bassnett, Twello, Netherlands, 06/1/2011 12:34

Comment

May I remind Hounourable Ladies and Gentlemen that any attempt to bypass swear filter will result in a fooking ban and fast.

Comment

Working...
              X