• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car insurance renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance renewal

I received my renewal quote today and it has gone down since last year - £202 (down by £8 since last year). WTF. I've reread it 5 times and it has still gone down. I won't bother phoning around for more quotes.

Direct Line if you're wondering.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I received my renewal quote today and it has gone down since last year - £202 (down by £8 since last year). WTF. I've reread it 5 times and it has still gone down. I won't bother phoning around for more quotes.

Direct Line if you're wondering.
    That's a first

I tend to move around insurer's annually.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

You jammy barsteward.

Mine doubled even though I've not claimed in years.

As Cliphead, I shop around but that didn't work this year either so ended up having to renew.

Only managed to save the £40 broker admin fee this year.

Comment

Mine gone up by 20% - £550 ffs for a ****** 9 year old PUG 307

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Mine gone up by 20% - £550 ffs for a ****** 9 year old PUG 307
          WTF

What kinda risk are you?

Never had a claim and even with luxury cars with humungous engines in the past I never paid even close to that.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Mine stayed pretty much the same but with the excess reduced from last year's £250 to £100. After looking through some comparison sites, it turned out to be a good deal - some would have saved me a few quid over the course of the year, but they all carried a £300 excess, and after factoring in other things like the included RAC cover (which the others offered at extra cost) the savings were too small to make it worth switching.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Never had a claim and even with luxury cars with humungous engines in the past I never paid even close to that.
              I've got 8 years NCB, zero points on license, no accidents/claims int he last 5 years...

What kinda risk are you?
              I live in Birmingham

I moved into place with an offroad garage and they only dropped price by a tenner

Comment

I've got 8 years NCB, zero points on license, no accidents/claims int he last 5 years...

I live in Birmingham

I moved into place with an offroad garage and they only dropped price by a tenner
                You're getting ripped off. My 4.2Ltr Jag bought as soon as I got my license back after being done for drink driving cost £400 and that while living in the west end of Glasgow.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

You're getting ripped off. My 4.2Ltr Jag bought as soon as I got my license back after being done for drink driving cost £400 and that while living in the west end of Glasgow.
                  No, I am getting cheap deal actually - other quotes were way higher, apparently there is now special premium for living in Birmingham - too many fake accidents/fraud or something.

Comment

I live in Birmingham

It still should be about £200 FC. Go to

Car Insurance Quotes, Life & Home Insurance - Confused.com
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X