• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nightmare Accomodation Scenario

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightmare Accomodation Scenario

I think this may qualify as being bedwetterish but wtf.

I've always resisted the temptation to move into lodgings despite the savings that can be made over staying in a hotel / B&B;

This time, I've taken the plunge as everywhere around here is really expensive & I've wound up in exactly the scenario I've always dreaded.

Quite a young couple, bloke is ok, she seemed ok at first though I should have smelled a rat when she kept calling me darling and pawing me as she spoke to me. In marketing, you see. The 8 cats should also have been a giveaway.

Anyway, now I'm in, the niceties have finished & she seems to enjoy laying down the law at every opportunity. Normally trivial stuff like putting the wrong stuff in the rubbish bin etc. I'm also forbidden from eating anywhere other than in the kitchen & every time I go in there they seem to be having a blazing row. Not much fun tip toeing around on eggshells after a stressful day at the office.

Anyway, the final straw came tonight when I tried to strike up a conversation over my attempt at trying a bit of healthy eating. She looked at my packet of raspberries and launched into a diatribe about "food miles". Unfortunately I'm on 2 weeks notice & I've just given it to her - I'm expecting 2 weeks of hell.

Days Inn at Fleet Services on the M3 is going to seem like paradise after this.

unbelievable.

How on earth can you justify this ?? eating rasberries is just desroying the planet man. Think about the children you selfish bastid. I bet you would eat a polar bear as well if you got the chance

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Before you leave buy some raw prawns and leave them under a floorboard or inside the tubular curtain rails if they have them. After a few weeks life will be unbearable
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Before you leave buy some raw prawns and leave them under a floorboard or inside the tubular curtain rails if they have them. After a few weeks life will be unbearable
        heheh,

and just to be a total bastid, tell them you are moving out because of a funny smell. after a week, when the nerve endings in their nostrils have burned out, they will say 'bugger me, he was right'

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          under a floorboard
          Don't mention the floorboards. I'm right under their room - whenever they make a movement, the floorbords don't creak, they screech. Gonna save myself a fortune in earplugs when I've moved.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Don't mention the floorboards. I'm right under their room - whenever they make a movement, the floorbords don't creak, they screech. Gonna save myself a fortune in earplugs when I've moved.

stop it

im crying here

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              stop it

im crying here

Forget the prawns borrow AtW's Ak47...
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                stop it

im crying here

Just one more thing. Yesterday she locked me in. I went to the front door to go to work & she'd locked it on the mortice lock - I only have the yale key. Mobile phone was dead (left charger outside in car) so I couldn't phone her. All windows with window locks & couldnt find any keys. Finally managed to get attention of a passer by by jumping around like a lunatic in front of the living room window & he knocked up the neighbours. Took nearly 2 hours in all. When she finally came to let me out all the cheeky cow could say was that at least I'd had plenty of time for a relaxing breakfast. And you say you're crying!

Comment

Sounds similar to me once before.

Where are you working anyway. I live nr Fleet but the miss us said no to letting you have the west wing. I could get you a number for a bloke who rents rooms in Basingstoke.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Sounds similar to me once before.

Where are you working anyway. I live nr Fleet but the miss us said no to letting you have the west wing. I could get you a number for a bloke who rents rooms in Basingstoke.
                    Basingstoke as it happens. Are they house shares or self contained flats?

Comment

Working...
                    X