• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please post your rants here. Thank you.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please post your rants here. Thank you.

I'll get you started with the first 7 headlines from Auntie-"and they're all a bunch of gay liberal commies"-Beeb:

Bank bonuses 'to run to billions in 2011'
    That's thousands of pounds of YOUR bank charges from every man, woman and child in the country straight into the bankers' pockets to pay for exotic holidays, champagne and crack cocaine parties with whores. The bastards are laughing all the way to their own desks!

German dioxin contamination eggs exported to UK
    Bloody EU. I thought we won the war, but oh no. It's all Fork Sprung Technique and dumping their mouldy egg mountain on us.

Quango reduction plan was botched
    This lot that are supposedly 'in charge' are so bad they can't even screw up stuff that NEEDS screwing up! Who voted for them anyway, that's what I want to know.

National Bullying Helpline closes down
    Who's going to look after the little kiddies now? We're all going to Hell in a handcart.

Birmingham nursery worker charged over sex offences
    These people take taxpayers' good money and spend it on sweets to go kiddy-fiddling. It's an outrage!

Ivory Coast: Gbagbo 'expels UK and Canada envoys'
    They're quick enough to send our people home but does the government ever send theirs back where they belong? No! It's one rule for us and no rules for them. They'll be in charge next, you mark my words.

Global spam e-mail levels suddenly fall
    That's all your bloody Chinese that is, learning to eat our Western food. There's millions of the little yellow buggers and I bet they breed like rabbits. You'll see, before long the government will be sending them food aid and there'll be nothing left for us proper British people.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Actually, that was pleasantly cathartic. I think I see the appeal.

Perhaps we could have a CUK Cyberman Trophy for the best Irrational Rant of the Month?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I suppose this isn't really a rant.

But I'm sick to death of news.

When I was away over Xmas it was so clensing to be without the news (apart from CUK obviously).

I didn't worry about flu / snow / middle east / US / the list is endless...

Most invented by the news corps to feed their 24 hour news channels - mostly on a 8 minute loop.

I have decided NOT to bother with the news this year.

It's all a bag of sh1te anyway!

Tone

Ps... Will someone please tell me if aliens land or there's a nuclear war?

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
        I suppose this isn't really a rant.

But I'm sick to death of news.

When I was away over Xmas it was so clensing to be without the news (apart from CUK obviously).

I didn't worry about flu / snow / middle east / US / the list is endless...

Most invented by the news corps to feed their 24 hour news channels - mostly on a 8 minute loop.

I have decided NOT to bother with the news this year.

It's all a bag of sh1te anyway!

Tone

Ps... Will someone please tell me if aliens land or there's a nuclear war?
        Same here, fed-up with FOX and CNN.

Did not watch the news or read a news paper for 5 months, but when I was home a Xmas and the telly was on I did feel a bit out of touch.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
          Same here, fed-up with FOX and CNN.

Did not watch the news or read a news paper for 5 months, but when I was home a Xmas and the telly was on I did feel a bit out of touch.
          What, there's news sites other than CUK? I assume if I need to know about it, someone will post a helpful link here.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            What, there's news sites other than CUK? I assume if I need to know about it, someone will post a helpful link here.
            Cut out the middleman.

HTH
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

bank charges

Since when did retail banks make sufficient profits to pay staff huge bonuses from the proceeds of bank charges. And why should we have free banking? this is the rant of a freeloader.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Why does the retail sector use the VAT rise as an excuse to hike their prices, then complain about a projected £2.2Bn drop in sales?

Not only has the price of a litre of petrol gone up as part of the VAT increase, but fuel duty will increase in the spring as well. Take the train? Not likely as that has had a 6% rise. Dirty robbing bastids.

Why do the premier league not televise their 3 O'Clock games FFS?
                If you offered a legal alternative I would not need to use dodgy streams that keep breaking up on me, and you would make EVEN MORE money out of me.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Is there anything in life left to be ranted over?

Straight bananas perhaps?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Is there anything in life left to be ranted over?

Straight bananas perhaps?
                    leatherberries

Bloody botanists.

<wheeze> <cough> <a-choo>

Comment

Working...
                    X