PDA

View Full Version : Boomed

Netraider
7th January 2011, 14:13
New 6 month contract in London. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to some of the London Posse drinks.

:banana:

Churchill
7th January 2011, 14:29
Well done!

Have a :banana:

NickFitz
7th January 2011, 14:30
And another: :banana:

kaiser78
7th January 2011, 14:32
Nice one...

RichardCranium
7th January 2011, 14:48

<cough> <cough> <cough>

Mich the Tester
7th January 2011, 14:55

Scrag Meister
7th January 2011, 16:02
Nice one. :banana:

EternalOptimist
7th January 2011, 16:02
top man. well done

OwlHoot
7th January 2011, 16:25
Congrats :banana:

If you find a good central pub, spacious, fairly quiet, not too packed on a weekday evening, and a reasonable ale selection, close to tube (as long as it's not Upminster or somewhere!) we're open to suggestions

I wondered about the Phoenix Arts Club (http://www.welovelocal.com/en/london/westminster/soho/bars/the-phoenix-artist-club-wc2h0dt.html) in Charing Cross Road, It's free before 8:00pm, but you have to be a member (@ £50 p.a.) to get in later.

norrahe
7th January 2011, 16:49
Top :banana:

Weekly drinks should be resuming as of next week :D

(venue tbc)

rootsnall
7th January 2011, 17:00
Top :banana:

Weekly drinks should be resuming as of next week :D

(venue tbc)

Is there usually a sticky with the venue ? I'm in Londinium for 3 more weeks so may make an effort.

It is also my last 3 weeks as a contractor, going Perm after a 14 year run. So obviously I won't be visiting the website after that, unlike some other permies on here :rolleyes:

For boozing purposes, The Blue Posts, Newman St is good, super cheap half decent ale on.

pmeswani
8th January 2011, 09:42
New 6 month contract in London. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to some of the London Posse drinks.

:banana: for the both of us.

First contract in Central London (Farringdon) for me, so can make an effort to meet up for drinks on the way home. :banana:

norrahe
8th January 2011, 12:08
Is there usually a sticky with the venue ? I'm in Londinium for 3 more weeks so may make an effort.

It is also my last 3 weeks as a contractor, going Perm after a 14 year run. So obviously I won't be visiting the website after that, unlike some other permies on here :rolleyes:

For boozing purposes, The Blue Posts, Newman St is good, super cheap half decent ale on.

:eek

:eek

and thrice :eek

:sick

Netraider
9th January 2011, 15:31

Sounds like a good excuse for a wake if you ask me.

rootsnall
10th January 2011, 11:57
Sounds like a good excuse for a wake if you ask me.

I'll be back ! It just suits me for now, I've been working away from home for 7 months and I'm pooped, and the Mrs is equally knackered looking after the kids on her own during the week. It gets me back home without putting myself voluntarily back on the bench. The difference between perm and contract money is not what it used to be and the contractor mindset won't be going anywhere. The reasoning sounds good in print anyway :eyes

Norrahe - pint of Sam Smiths bitter is £1.99, lager and other stuff isn't much more.

norrahe
10th January 2011, 12:13
Norrahe - pint of Sam Smiths bitter is £1.99, lager and other stuff isn't much more.

You're not endearing yourself to the CAMRA contingent :laugh

rootsnall
10th January 2011, 12:33

You're not endearing yourself to the CAMRA contingent :laugh

It's cask from Oop North, not 'John Smiths' keg rubbish. Not the world's greatest pint but half decent for £1.99, better than Wetherspoons.