• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chef - What happened with the box?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chef - What happened with the box?

Has she found it yet - or given up and attacked with an axe?

Tone

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Has she found it yet - or given up and attacked with an axe?

Tone
    Should this have been a PM?

Or is he ignoring those

Skiddla-ba-boo
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Happy New Year all,

no real news to report as yet

she has it, she get's what the idea is (i.e it tells you the distance to where it needs to be opened), she gets the idea of trigonomentry (spelling? apologies, it's too early on a sunday) and that with 2 measurements you are limited to 2 possibilities and with 3 you have your location, she thinks that it is more of a toy rather than a serious present as she also got a new digital SLR for xmas and as such has looked at it, shook it, used up 8 attempts but since then has been busy with other things. She has 2 readings but hasn't as yet sat down to do the trig on a map and so at present it's sat on her desk in the bedroom and she knows she has several hundred km's to drive to open the thing bt doesn't know where..
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        Happy New Year all,

she has it, she get's what the idea is (i.e it tells you the distance to where it needs to be opened), she gets the idea of trigonomentry (spelling? apologies, it's too early on a sunday) and that with 2 measurements you are limited to 2 possibilities and with 3 you have your location, she thinks that it is more of a toy rather than a serious present as she also got a new digital SLR for xmas and as such has looked at it, shook it, used up 8 attempts but since then has been busy with other things. She has 2 readings but hasn't as yet sat down to do the trig on a map and so at present it's sat on her desk in the bedroom and she knows she has several hundred km's to drive to open the thing bt doesn't know where..

Fair play to you - quite remarkable!

Tone

Comment

Happy New Year all,

Dear god, how sad is this?

Comment

Happy New Year all,

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I think it's a brilliant idea. My GF can't even read a map. She even struggles to come home when she's been out shopping.

She's been complaining that after 10 years I still haven't popped the question so this looks like the solution to the problem. I'll let her read Chef's thread, give her a box and with any luck she won't even work out how to navigate herself out of the driveway let alone a 1000km away.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The reaction on the InterTubes where such things have been discussed has been positive.

Here on CUK, a predominantly geek-dominated site, the reaction was even better.

You are in a very small minority on this.

Is it envy?
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Very. But in a most excellent way.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

The reaction on the InterTubes where such things have been discussed has been positive.

Is it envy?
                  It must be penis envy then. As normally Chef is a bit of a dick.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Is it envy?
                    Each to their own but just because you're a geek it doesn't follow that wife/partner is also a geek.

Chef's partner maybe a geek? I don't think I'd test my wifes geek tolerance with such a device.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X