• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Absolutely Frazzled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely Frazzled

SY02 and I are frazzled. The reason?

SY03, 04, 05

By day they are little midget terrorists that run amok, making shrill noises while playing their games, demanding drinks, food, "Can you fix my toy Daddy", "Daddy, he hit me", "It wasn't me Daddy I didn't hit him" etc etc etc

By night they are masters of torture methods such as sleep deprivation, and Chinese "whining" torture. "I can't sleep Mummy, I had a bad dream", "I can't sleep, SY04 woke me up" etc etc etc

The only possible chance of respite is sneaking off to the pub and leaving SY02 to bear the brunt, and even I'm not that much of a wuss.

I just hope they all have kids so I can laugh at them when the time comes.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Stick a DVD on and shove them in front of the telly for a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      Stick a DVD on and shove them in front of the telly for a couple of hours.
      Yip that works. What about blow darts, any good?

Comment

I find that palming them
        off to their Grandparents is the only time we get any peace.

This of course means I have to be nice to said interfering fxxkwits (sorry inlaws)!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Gin & Calpol.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Gin & Calpol.
            You, or the kids, or both ?

Comment

Seriously, forget all this good parenting bollox. You're going to be a better parent if you get enough sleep.

By the age of 2 mine could operate the VHS. So when they woke up at stupid o' clock, they'd head downstairs and shove Teletubbies in (the youngest had the benefit of the CBeebies channel too). They knew if they woke me, I'd say they couldn't watch telly, so they'd take great pains not to disturb me! Sorted.

Youngest has just turned into a teenager - that's a whole different kettle of fish!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                Seriously, forget all this good parenting bollox. You're going to be a better parent if you get enough sleep.

By the age of 2 mine could operate the VHS. So when they woke up at stupid o' clock, they'd head downstairs and shove Teletubbies in (the youngest had the benefit of the CBeebies channel too). They knew if they woke me, I'd say they couldn't watch telly, so they'd take great pains not to disturb me! Sorted.

Youngest has just turned into a teenager - that's a whole different kettle of fish!
                SY03 creeps in at 6:30am

"Mummy can I play the Wii?"

"Sure, whatever, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

30s

<Wii game on telly downstairs at full blast>

"SY03!!!! Turn the bloomin sound down"

"Oh sorry I forgot"

<Q SY04 to wake and head downstairs>

SY03 and SY04 now bicker at full volume over the Wii game

this wakes SY05

We all trudge downstairs into the kitchen where SY03,04 and 05 all bicker over breakfast.

It continues like this all day until we put them to bed, at seperate bedtimes so they can all get to sleep.

Then they wake each other up and bicker all evening.

Then we eventually turn in and they take it in turns to wake us every hour on the hour with each one having a seperate "bad dream"

There is no "us time" whatsoever.

Tonight however they all went to bed and stayed asleep, so SY02 and I watched DVDs and chilled for the first time in what feels like a month, so there's a blessing.

Comment

Sounds like a lack of discipline and a heavy hand to me.

Spare the rod. Spoil the child.

hth
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Sounds like a lack of discipline and a heavy hand to me. Spare the rod. Spoil the child.
                    Or because children aren't sent out to play any more.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X