• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IMAC G3 Laptop - Keyboard Clips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMAC G3 Laptop - Keyboard Clips

Does anyone have any idea where to buy the keyboard clips for an IMAC G3. Not sure if that is the right name or not, but not finding anything on google or Ebay?

One of the kids managed to prise off the keys earlier with a pen. The keys attach easily but not sure if you can get the clips seperately or whether you have to buy keys?

Anyone know?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

[QUOTE=MarillionFan;1259866]Does anyone have any idea where to buy the keyboard clips for an IMAC G3. Not sure if that is the right name or not, but not finding anything on google or Ebay?

One of the kids managed to prise off the keys earlier with a pen. The keys attach easily but not sure if you can get the clips seperately or whether you have to buy keys?

Can you show a pic of the missing key?
    Last edited by Paddy; 9 January 2011, 21:01.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

FFS, efing delay on Internet tonight.
      Last edited by Paddy; 9 January 2011, 21:02.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Anyone know?
        Yes, I do.

I won't tell you until your wife finds out that you've ruined her laptop and blaming it on the kids...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Yes, I do.

I won't tell you until your wife finds out that you've ruined her laptop and blaming it on the kids...
          Got it. They're called keyclip hinges. Plus it was a Macbook Pro(I don't know it's an Apple and she told me the make).
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yes, I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Read carefully the thread title idiot:

"IMAC G3 Laptop - Keyboard Clips"

It's just MF is very much non-technical person, he knows it's a laptop, and that it's an Apple, but he does not know it is iBook, so he calls it iMac since that brand name is more frequently used.

That's Apple G3 Laptop - iMac G3 was first made in 1998, and discontinued in 2003:

iMac G3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stick to your Putin praises - you do it better than technology stuff.
              Last edited by AtW; 9 January 2011, 21:46.

Comment

Read carefully the thread title idiot:

"IMAC G3 Laptop - Keyboard Clips"

It's just MF is very much non-technical person, he knows it's a laptop, and that it's an Apple, but he does not know it is iBook, so he calls it iMac since that brand name is more frequently used.

That's Apple G3 Laptop - iMac G3 was first made in 1998, and discontinued in 2003:

iMac G3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stick to your Putin praises - you do it better than technology stuff.
                Going to bed with my cocoa now.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Going to bed with my cocoa now.
                  I assume it's a euphemism, but I don't want to know what for

Comment

That's Apple G3 Laptop
                    I've got one of these. If MF can confirm that this is wot he's on about I'll have a look.

The keyboard was worn out long ago, but it still works fine with an external one.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X