• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Young lady on ‘work experience’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young lady on ‘work experience’

Sitting opposite me in a ‘flex workplace’ at clientco a (the old one which come to an end next month) is a young lady who is completing her ‘work experience project’ for her degree. She appears to be working most diligently and producing folders with very professional looking blurb. She is obviously still under the impression that sitting in a large organisation drawing a salary or an hourly rate involves something called ‘work’.

Should I leave her in this delusion, thereby ensuring that at least one person might contribute to the economy, or should I do something to enlighten her, and if so, what?

Perhaps I should nick her textbooks and find out what I'm supposed to be doing.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Is she fit?

TTIUWP
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Sitting opposite me in a ‘flex workplace’ at clientco a (the old one which come to an end next month) is a young lady who is completing her ‘work experience project’ for her degree. She appears to be working most diligently and producing folders with very professional looking blurb. She is obviously still under the impression that sitting in a large organisation drawing a salary or an hourly rate involves something called ‘work’.

Should I leave her in this delusion, thereby ensuring that at least one person might contribute to the economy, or should I do something to enlighten her, and if so, what?

point her to CUK she will get the message
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Is she fit?
        about a 5.5/10.

6 pints, possibly.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

We had a young lass like that several years ago. Straight A grades at school and looked a bit of a swot.

She soon cottoned on though and started bringing in the latest Harry Potter tome, to read once she'd done what little work was asked of her. She also made good use of her internet connection, researching and cataloguing exotic recipes.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

University teaches students to learn for themselves.

Yes. You may find a good afternoon's reading from them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X