• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Hot Tip...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Hot Tip...

...for 2011.

You may recall that about this time last year I accurately predicted that the POP group whose name would be on everybody's lips throughout 2010 would be The Mumford and Sons. Well, here's the hot ticket for 2011:

The Unthanks.

The Unthanks sisters are a song and dance duo who hail from the north country and have their roots in the "oh woe is me" folky traditions of a region where everything costs tuppence ha'penny and a lump of coal.

Very atmospheric vocals and the dancing half of the combo stomps around on her podium with the whimsical charm of an early Sue Pollard coupled with a Rumplestiltskinesque intensity.

A cult following at the moment but I predict this year will be their crossover year.

Wel that's 30 seconds of my life I won't be getting back.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      the dancing half of the combo stomps around on her podium with the whimsical charm of an early Sue Pollard coupled with a Rumplestiltskinesque intensity.
      Difficult to imagine how that can be anything but a winning formula.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You may recall that about this time last year . . .
        Join Date May 2010

Who were you posting as?
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

...for 2011.

You may recall that about this time last year I ......
          Under which alter-ego? The Old-Poof Trainspotter character wasn't invented this time last year was it?
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

...for 2011.

You may recall that about this time last year I accurately predicted that the POP group whose name would be on everybody's lips throughout 2010 would be The Mumford and Sons.
            I don't recall you being around this time last year

May 2010?

Comment

It would appear that he actually announced it in September last year. Just after they had lost out to The XX in the Mercury. Not exactly plucking them from obscurity was he?

Comment

...for 2011.

You may recall that about this time last year I accurately predicted that the POP group whose name would be on everybody's lips throughout 2010 would be The Mumford and Sons. Well, here's the hot ticket for 2011:

The Unthanks.

The Unthanks sisters are a song and dance duo who hail from the north country and have their roots in the "oh woe is me" folky traditions of a region where everything costs tuppence ha'penny and a lump of coal.

Very atmospheric vocals and the dancing half of the combo stomps around on her podium with the whimsical charm of an early Sue Pollard coupled with a Rumplestiltskinesque intensity.

A cult following at the moment but I predict this year will be their crossover year.

so now your secret is out
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Thought this was going to be an amusing thread about gricer getting the clap
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Ah, looks as if my datesbig ones or little ones?were out of killer.

link

Comment

Working...
                    X