• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now is not the time to go permie.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now is not the time to go permie.

Firms get powers to sack the slackers - Telegraph

Here on le continent nobody would ever consider such a retrograde step.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It's ok you can just do them for an "ism" .

Ageism works for most people.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Ageism
        Is that the singular of some jisms?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Is that the singular of some jisms?

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another example of the Tories using the recession as an excuse to implement some of their more hateful policies (here Employee rights and Union bashing). I imagine Tesco will be seeking a few green belt superstore permits off the back of this empty promise for a few more part-time student midnight shelf stackers.

Cameron is really starting to get on my nerves now.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
              Another example of the Tories using the recession as an excuse to implement some of their more hateful policies (here Employee rights and Union bashing). I imagine Tesco will be seeking a few green belt superstore permits off the back of this empty promise for a few more part-time student midnight shelf stackers.

Cameron is really starting to get on my nerves now.
              You sound like a total wet behind the ears wishy-washy leftie.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Another example of the Tories using the recession as an excuse to implement some of their more hateful policies (here Employee rights and Union bashing).
                What about employer rights?

Personally I hope this will encourage the slackers and the incompetent to improve or move on - either way it helps the bottom line and helps everyone else in the company.

It also means that companies can take more risks in employing people. Currently they are over-cautious in case they cannot get rid of them later.

Comment

It's currently easy to get rid of an employee in the first 12 months so I'm not buying the risk taking or incompetance lines.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    What about employer rights?

Personally I hope this will encourage the slackers and the incompetent to improve or move on - either way it helps the bottom line and helps everyone else in the company.

It also means that companies can take more risks in employing people. Currently they are over-cautious in case they cannot get rid of them later.
                    WHS

"Perverse" employment tribunals are rinsing bosses - Employment :: Real Business - The Champion of UK Enterprise

No wonder companies move work overseas.

Comment

Working...
                    X