• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London - Banks???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London - Banks???

Is there an area London called Banks?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

There's Bankside
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm trying to work out the location of a client based on agent double talk, she said they are based in Banks...
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

There is an area called "Bank".

Bank Station:
        http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...1,0.01929&z=16Added
        Last edited by RichardCranium; 10 January 2011, 15:53. Reason: Added link
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

WRCS

She means Bank - which is the area anywhere from Cheapside/Poultry to London Wall (both streets), via Threadneedle Street, or The Bank of England. Usually commutable via Bank, Moorgate, Liverpool Street or St Pauls tube stations.

Comment

Guess what you can find at Bank?
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              the Royal Exchange?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Is it where the aircraft turn sharply round to land at City Airport?
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Thanks all.

I thinks I've found the company of interest. Now a carefully worded cold calling e-mailing to the director...

I"m beginning to like the backstabbing the agent game.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I"m beginning to like the backstabbing the agent game.
                    Do you take commissions? And do you do bulk discounts?

Comment

Working...
                    X