• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things children say

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things children say

Been done before but my son came out with a classic over chrismas...

He recieved a small buzz light year and woody caracter in his stocking..

To his grandmother......I got a buzzlightyear with a woody for christmas......

The funniest was his grandmother not understanding why we were laughing.....

Another time he called his little brother a dick in the head.....

Mummy and daddy should be careful of there language.....He's 5 BTW

I remember the embarrasment I felt as a small child whilst playing a quiz game, it asked what the full name of the Queen Elizabeth II was.

To which I shouted "Elizabeth Vagina!"

The roars of laughter of my family still ring in my ears.

Comment

My (then) 5 yr old son to my wife in the middle of a crowded supermarket at a considerable volume and apropos of nothing; "Muuuuum, how many times have you been in prison?"

You could've heard a pin drop.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

We were in a pub with my son when he was about 3. I gave him a shandy made out of a small drop of beer and half a pint of lemonade. To him it was beer. This bloke asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up to which my son replied Drunk! and then carried on quaffing his 'beer'.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyboy View Post
          Mummy and daddy should be careful of there language.....He's 5 BTW
          You could also teach him that there are 3 words with totally different meanings that all sound the same.

There (directional), their (belonging to them), they're (common contraction of they are).

Despite sounding just about the same when spoken, when read they impart a completely different meaning. They aren't interchangable even on the internet unless your IQ is less than your shoe size in which case you shouldn't be allowed near computers.

Comment

My daughter has a problem with S versus F.

She has a teddy which she sucks her thumb to.

She cannot say S. It sounds like F.

She proudly announced to her nana that this was her (F)ucking teddy.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              You could also teach him that there are 3 words with totally different meanings that all sound the same.

There (directional), their (belonging to them), they're (common contraction of they are).
              I wouldn't bother. The kid's only 5. By the time he gets round to worrying about spelling, the language will have mutated and "the-re/ir/y're" will just be something that old codgers drone on about, like "gallons" and "ounces" and the like.

Comment

Despite sounding just about the same when spoken, when read they impart a completely different meaning. They aren't interchangable even on the internet unless your IQ is less than your shoe size in which case you shouldn't be allowed near computers.
                As someone with significantly above average size feet, I find this remark a little bit offensive.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

They're going over there to get their awards. Three different words that sound similar, but have their own unique meanings, they're NOT interchangable no matter how lazy you are.
                  Yet you still have a comma in your signature after 'meanings'. It should be a full stop.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    My daughter has a problem with S versus F.

She has a teddy which she sucks her thumb to.

She cannot say S. It sounds like F.

She proudly announced to her nana that this was her (F)ucking teddy.
                    What the hell is a 'sucking teddy'?

Comment

Working...
                    X