• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No PM Roles Out There...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No PM Roles Out There...

Unless you have investment bank infrastructure experience I have seen hardly any PM roles come up. In December I was getting at least daily phone calls re. PM roles and seeing quite a lot advertised even over the Xmas period. Should pick up in the next week or two hopefully...

Eh?

Every working day I have applied for at least one IT / PRINCE2 Practitioner Project Manager role that I could comfortably do. And I ignore all London roles.

Are you not looking?

Granted, it is still quiet out there, but there is most definitely project manager contract roles being advertised.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Eh?

Every working day I have applied for at least one IT / PRINCE2 Practitioner Project Manager role that I could comfortably do. And I ignore all London roles.

Are you not looking?

Granted, it is still quiet out there, but there is most definitely project manager contract roles being advertised.
      Yes am looking but background is banking/finance, which other than IB seems to be a little scarce ?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
        Unless you have investment bank infrastructure experience I have seen hardly any PM roles come up. In December I was getting at least daily phone calls re. PM roles and seeing quite a lot advertised even over the Xmas period. Should pick up in the next week or two hopefully...
        May have missed the boat, budget used up for this quarter etc. Should pick up in March. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but I sometimes will turn down a contract if it does not leave me finishing when I want to finish. i.e. I want to go on holiday of I want it to be the right time to get a new role. If you end up looking at the wrong time, and you can't just go on holiday, then come up with a plan on how to spend your time so you will not be burnt-out looking by the time the roles start appearing.

Volunteer, become a day trader (on paper) etc. only look at jobserve at a pre-defined time/s, only apply for roles you are really a good fit for etc.
        This has worked for me.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Yes am looking but background is banking/finance, which other than IB seems to be a little scarce ?
          I disregard banking and have noticed banking PM roles outside London. Are you restricting yourself by location? I have seen banking or finance roles in Edinburgh and Hampshire.

Do you include insurance roles? Norwich (just WTF does Norwich Union do to its project managers? They are never not advertising) and other places have come up for them.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            I disregard banking and have noticed banking PM roles outside London. Are you restricting yourself by location? I have seen banking or finance roles in Edinburgh and Hampshire.

Do you include insurance roles? Norwich (just WTF does Norwich Union do to its project managers? They are never not advertising) and other places have come up for them.
            To be honest I am only looking in London/Kent so that I can be at home with my kiddies each day. If my situation looks dire than I will start looking further afield but reckons this is about 6 months of searching away yet.

Comment

To be honest I am only looking in London/Kent so that I can be at home with my kiddies each day. If my situation looks dire than I will start looking further afield but reckons this is about 6 months of searching away yet.
              There are still plenty of roles going in the Insurance market and seemingly plenty within other industries.

People are still calling, even this time of the year.

Keep plugging.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
              X