• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wind Power

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind Power

Customers face huge bill for wind farms that don't work in the cold | Mail Online

Still all in a good cause.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 11 January 2011, 10:57.
    I'm alright Jack

A Department of Energy and Climate Change spokesman said:

‘The electricity system always has more generating capacity available than the expected demand. By having a diverse energy mix, we can manage the fact that some technologies are intermittent.’
    The sort of statement that should be associated with a long jail sentence, followed swiftly by the dim-witted journalist whose inability to challenge it is probably the worse crime.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

on a agw topic, I was amused to see that the policeman who infiltrated the greens and was involved in the attempt to close down a power station will be investigated by the IPCC (independant police complaints commission), but that the greens will not be investigated by THEIR IPCC (Inter government panel on climate change).

you wait ages for an ipcc , then two come along at the same time

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Wind power works. However it is difficult to control and has some dangerous aspects.

Comment

So little energy was generated then that the National Grid, which is responsible for balancing supply and demand of energy in the UK, was forced to ask its biggest users – industry – to rationsupplies.
          You can see where this is going.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X