• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last post from Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last post from Christmas

We've just had two Christmas cards delivered today (11th January 2011) one of which was franked 17th December.

Feel free to provide updates should you get any even later ones trickle in...
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Oh, bloody hell.

Another Christmas card came today.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The Royal Mail Service is much maligned and wrongly so from my experience. In fact our postman is the only person I leave a Christmas box. Certainly wouldn't give one to those waste of space dustmen.

Comment

ClientCo are having their Christmas party this week. Does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          ClientCo are having their Christmas party this week. Does that count?
          Back in permie days we had a Christmas bash in February. That was because the MD wanted to attend the bashes of all the subsidiary companies, and there were quite a few, so we had to wait our turn.

Said MD did like to party, and it was no expense spared, so we didn't complain.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            We've just had two Christmas cards delivered today (11th January 2011) one of which was franked 17th December.

we had two cards yesterday one of which was from the year before last. thankfully the gift vouchers within are still valid.

Comment

Off topic but does DS23 own a DS23?
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I think he used to. I've a feeling he got rid of it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I think he used to. I've a feeling he got rid of it though.
                  bunk is right. got it in 99 said goodbye to it in 09.
                  Last edited by DS23; 12 January 2011, 17:22. Reason: fs

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Ermm some of us didn't actually get around to posting the cards til after the new year
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X