• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

China conducts first test-flight of stealth plane

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China conducts first test-flight of stealth plane

Can't help thinking they need to work on the "Stealth" element a bit more.

As reported by the BBC.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Is this why the yanks have turned to the frogs for their 'special relationship'?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

China has conducted the first test-flight of its J-20 stealth fighter, Chinese President Hu Jintao has confirmed to US Defence Secretary Robert Gates.
      That's what he says*. Maybe it's really the 15th test-flight.

*who? Hu! yes, who? etc.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        That's what he says*. Maybe it's really the 15th test-flight.
        Or maybe they don't have one at all.

"You see that plane up there?"
        "No."
        "That our new stealth plane. We have hundreds of them. All in sky at once."
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Can't help thinking they need to work on the "Stealth" element a bit more.
          Yep, when I want to make something invisible I always paint a bloody great bright red and yellow star on it too.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They only stick the star on if the pilot's made a really good effort, so that he can take the plane home and show his mum and dad.

hth
            tl

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Or maybe they don't have one at all.

"You see that plane up there?"
              "No."
              "That our new stealth plane. We have hundreds of them. All in sky at once."
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I'm quite concerned at how much money China are piling into their military budget and the rate at which they're ramping up.

Am I alone in thinking they're actually up to something here?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Am I alone in thinking they're actually up to something here?
                  Yes.

China defence budget $7.7 billion

US defence budget $475 billion
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Yes.

China defence budget $7.7 billion

US defence budget $475 billion
                    Where did you get those numbers? Are they out of date figures from wikipedia or something?

Try this

China $78 bn

US $729 bn

Also some suggestions are that China is keeping a lot of it off the books and they're spending more like $150 bn

I also think that $78 bn will buy more in China than it would in USA due to living costs, local economy, etc.
                    e.g.

China 2.26m troops
                    USA 1.58m troops

Also, the telegraph claims that "almost 80 per cent of [chinese] officers are now graduates"

Last edited by CheeseSlice; 11 January 2011, 18:59.

Comment

Working...
                    X