• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Miriam O'Reilly wins Countryfile ageism claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miriam O'Reilly wins Countryfile ageism claim

A triumph of sense over sex discrimination and other shallow sexisms:

BBC News - Miriam O'Reilly wins Countryfile ageism claim

But on reflection do we really need to see old women on TV just for the sake of 'fairness' and why have they booted out Michaela Strachan, as she is still quite hot? What's her face from Newsnight is also quite hot and getting on a bit. I believe the modern term is 'MILFs'.

She was told in November 2008 she was being dropped after working for eight years as a freelance presenter on the show.
    Looks like we can all now claim compensation for ageism against any client that doesn't give us an extension.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

If they’re going to go through all this trouble they could have done better than that Bradbury woman. Is Liz Bonnin looking for more work?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What were they thinking by employing her in the first place:

wtf

It isn't radio ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          A triumph of sense over sex discrimination and other shallow sexisms:

BBC News - Miriam O'Reilly wins Countryfile ageism claim

But on reflection do we really need to see old women on TV just for the sake of 'fairness' and why have they booted out Michaela Strachan, as she is still quite hot? What's her face from Newsnight is also quite hot and getting on a bit. I believe the modern term is 'MILFs'.
          She's an air-head, with regards to her being "hot", you need your eyes testing.

Comment

I've got a hunch why Michaela Strachan was sacked

Comment

The Italians win hands down again. Here’s the current female presenter of ‘Linea Verde’, their version of Countryfile. Worth getting Rai Uno on the cable just to take a look;

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                that Bradbury woman.
                Julia is a member of the LGBT community.

Her Wainright's Walks series was fantastic.

It inspired me to head to the hills clad in multicoloured cagoulery and upbraid those selfish, inappropriately attired individuals putting our already overstretched emergency services at risk of further inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                  Good for you and Malc.

Personally, I’d still prefer to spend a weekend getting muddy with Elisa Isoardi.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

Her Wainright's Walks series was fantastic.

It inspired me to head to the hills clad in multicoloured cagoulery and upbraid those selfish, inappropriately attired individuals putting our already overstretched emergency services at risk of further inconvenience.
                    So which is she Lezza or Tranny ?
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                    X