• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for the Boys - Stag Do Suggestions...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for the Boys - Stag Do Suggestions...

One for the chaps mainly, but I'm going to be organising a Stag Do soon. I'm a bit of a veteran on stag do's - in experience rather than age (!) but I'd be keen to hear where you guys recommend based upon:

1. Keeping it mainland UK.
    2. All lads early 30's.
    3. Up for a big laugh - No pretentious places, the more cheese, the better...
    4. Don't want a ratio of 10 lads to every girl ... if you catch my drift ;-)

The following places have been done before:

1. Nottingham (Good)
    2. Newcastle (Very Good)
    3. Edinburgh (Good - but fussy letting groups of lads in)
    4. Glasgow (Good, but as above)
    5. Leeds (Not too bothered)
    6. Manchester and Liverpool too close.

Be keen to hear your opinions on Brighton, Bristol and Bournemouth and any more...

Suggestions Please ...

Birmingham?

Comment

If you want to go big, go Vegas.

Seriously, it's what you've been missing out all your stag life.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        One for the chaps mainly, but I'm going to be organising a Stag Do soon. I'm a bit of a veteran on stag do's - in experience rather than age (!) but I'd be keen to hear where you guys recommend based upon:

1. Keeping it mainland UK.
        2. All lads early 30's.
        3. Up for a big laugh - No pretentious places, the more cheese, the better...
        4. Don't want a ratio of 10 lads to every girl ... if you catch my drift ;-)

The following places have been done before:

1. Nottingham (Good)
        2. Newcastle (Very Good)
        3. Edinburgh (Good - but fussy letting groups of lads in)
        4. Glasgow (Good, but as above)
        5. Leeds (Not too bothered)
        6. Manchester and Liverpool too close.

Be keen to hear your opinions on Brighton, Bristol and Bournemouth and any more...

Suggestions Please ...
        Oh Brighton will certainly have a load of places they will let 10 lads in!! Ratio of girls to boys will be pretty grim though!!

Have done Scarborough and Southport before now with a group of lads and can't get any more cheese than that. Gotta rely on you all being able to have a good time regadless of the surroundings though. Sometimes the worst nights on paper turn out to be the most memorable afterwards!

York is a good night out if you can find the right spots.

You say keep in mainland UK. It would be quicker and cheaper to get to Dublin that it will to Brighton!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'd avoid Brighton unless you are all after something slightly different.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post

Suggestions Please ...
            I shouldn't bother with Brighton; it's the gay capital of the South. (And Blackpool is the gay capital of the North.)

Torquay gets packed every weekend with stag & hen parties. Loadsa pissed totty to go round when I was last there.

Bournemouth has loads going on and should be good for a weekend away; but on the weekends I've been there it's been less beer & shags parties and more disabled coach parties.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Not, absolutely NOT Blackpool. Went on a stag do from hell there once. The Best Man got us a 'right bargain' with three people sharing per room in this right flea pit - a couple of us just walked out and booked into the Imperial. The whole town is full of pissed up gangs of 'female' Glaswegians and local mobs of lads intent on attacking stag dos.

This was compounded by a bunch of the groom to be's rugger mates from Uni who decided we would all join in their obscure Uni rugby Club drinking game (3rd pint, left hand, two fingers on the bar have to snog the Number 8 and drink a shot of vomit). Food was a nightmare as well with some people employing the "I'm only paying for what I ate" rule and others royally taking the piss with side orders and cocktails.

Generally I try and avoid stag dos at all cost. I've never been on one that hasn't been sh1te.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I'm just organising a stag weekend (second time I've had to do it in 3 months) and we are considering a Bournemouth/Brighton combo weekend. Down in minibus to Bournemouth (from Leicester) on the Friday, go to dog racing or something, minibus to Brighton on Saturday for big night out and then home on Sunday.

Stag really wants to go abroad, but flight prices aren't as cheap as we expected. Getting to Dublin is reasonable, but isn't beer horrifically expensive?
                Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

I had my first at the Embassy Club.
                  Last edited by Churchill; 11 January 2011, 16:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    Not, absolutely NOT Blackpool.
                    If you do really want cheesy then Blackpool is the place. It is not for the fainthearted though. If you are aged 30+ also, then you'll not be surrounded by teeny boppers and have a VERY good chance of pulling if some of you are on the prowl and not too fussy.

If your gang is coming from all over the UK then Amsterdam is as easy to get to as a UK venue.

Comment

Working...
                    X