• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin telephone bill service charges wtf?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin telephone bill service charges wtf?

Hi there,

This company makes 5 different service charges for my phone bill, here's the breakdown!

Line rental 11.99
    Payment handling charge 5.00
    talk unlimited 7.99 (must admit I stupidly signed up to this assuming it would reduce the overall phonebill, anyone else try this)
    Paper bill charge 1.25
    and that doesn't include telephone usage charges

Isn't this a disgrace?

This should help...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
      talk unlimited 7.99 (must admit I stupidly signed up to this assuming it would reduce the overall phonebill, anyone else try this)
      Also it doesn't include mobile phones (except Virgin mobile), 0845, 0890 etc.

You'd have to do a lot of talking to burn for £8 worth of landline calls per month.

Comment

So dump them and in future shop around first.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          So dump them and in future shop around first.
          He can't can he, he's only gone an signed one of those 75649846278946298437843294 month contracts...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I assume the payment handling charge and paper bill charge can be avoided if you sign up for DD and electronic statements?

On a related note, I've been using these for my non-work phone recently (which makes very few calls). Rather good:

Free SIM cards with Unlimited Texts & Unlimited Internet - giffgaff
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

I just got rid of them - only had to give 1 month notice.

They charge for paper bills and also charge £5/month if you don't pay by direct debit. I'd rather suffer ADSL than go back to them even if they do have the monopoly on cable...

I'm with sky now so it might be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                They charge for paper bills and also charge £5/month if you don't pay by direct debit.
                So drop paper bills and set up a DD.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  A combination of Beardy & NTLHell.

Enough to make one

Glad I can't the useless gimps.
                  Strangely they are another company who are fine if you are business customer.

I was so shocked to get a return call from them on my mobile when they said they would when I had a problem, particularly as everyone else I know has to wait on the phone for hours to get through.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X