• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nutters on Trains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutters on Trains

As part of my post Christmas health binge, I've resumed something I started a couple of years ago - walking the South West Coast Path. I haven't got very far in all that time; I'm still only in Dorset, but wtf, so I took the train down to Weymouth on Saturday & walked all around Portland (a place I used to know very well as I spent a lot of time there as a youth as it happens).

Anyway, on the way back I was thinking about how much it had changed since I was last there when I was presented with a far from pleasant phenomenon that has not changed much over the years; the presence of the obligatory lunatic on a train journey. He got on at Dorchester & as soon as he was on he sunk to his knees and started punching the air shouting "I f***ing gert made it" over and over again. There were only a few people on this train & I was the only one dumb enough to make eye contact so he made a bee line for me and plonked himself down opposite. I was then lumbered with him all the way to Castle Cary talking about the decline of the provision of tables in British Rail rolling stock over the past 20 years. I was inclined to agree with him though because had there been another table on that cattle truck I could have moved and got away from him.
    I seem to attract these people

So you're saying Gricer's real?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      He seemed to be half trainspotter half wino if you dare to imgine such a thing

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        He seemed to be half trainspotter half wino if you dare to imgine such a thing
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Wurzel, what's wrong with telling him "I'm not in the mood, now **** off and leave me alone" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Wurzel, what's wrong with telling him "I'm not in the mood, now **** off and leave me alone" ?
            Like you would have? Get off with you. You would have say complicit while attempting to flick through a copy of Insurance Today.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Like you would have? Get off with you. You would have say complicit while attempting to flick through a copy of Insurance Today.
              What?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                It doesn't take much to push these simple village idiot types over the edge

Comment

It doesn't take much to push these simple village idiot types over the edge
                  In what way? If he tries to assault you he gets locked up and treated.

If he encroaches your personal space you're well within your rights to object.

If telling him to "**** off" isn't your style then find another way. Every person who does nothing adds to the problem. What if it's your Mother or Granny he's like that with next time?

Stand up for yourself.

Comment

Portland (a place I used to know very well as I spent a lot of time there as a youth as it happens
                    What were you in for?

Comment

Working...
                    X