• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It hurts. hurts like hell.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It hurts. hurts like hell.

I banged my knee last thurdsay evening, whilst in a drunken stupid. Its been agony ever since, I have to grab my pants by the knee in order to move my foot from the gas to the brake, so driving is absolute agony.
    It got so bad, that I had some nurofen yesterday, and even went to see the doc.

He examined me and said 'You are without doubt a man of iron. Only a true hero with amazing will power could have kept going, given the pain you are in. Most would have curled up and died. can I have your autograph ? Studies have proven that what you are experiencing is five times more painful than childbirth'

well , he didnt actually say that, but I could tell he was thinking it.

ow,oo , ow.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I know of a chap who banged his knee on the end of the bed first thing in the morning. He hobbled around for a while in pain before going off and posting on an internet forum & watching pron for a few hours.

By lunchtime he was dead. Blood poisoning had spread to his testicles.

The doctors said he could have saved himself if only he had gone to the hospital and insisted they amputate his leg & gonads.

No time to waste EO. Quick to the hospital.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      well, he didn't actually say that, but I could tell he was thinking it.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I know of a chap who banged his knee on the end of the bed first thing in the morning. He hobbled around for a while in pain before going off and posting on an internet forum & watching pron for a few hours.

By lunchtime he was dead. Blood poisoning had spread to his testicles.

The doctors said he could have saved himself if only he had gone to the hospital and insisted they amputate his leg & gonads.

No time to waste EO. Quick to the hospital.
        True story

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          True story
          I doubt it. I just rang my doctor and saked him if getting your ollies removed was a side effect of banging your knee.
          he said 'stop wasting my time' and hung up.

he must have thought I was someone else

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

I doubt it. I just rang my doctor and saked him if getting your ollies removed was a side effect of banging your knee.
            he said 'stop wasting my time' and hung up.

he must have thought I was someone else

Rice wine at this time in the morning! Heavens forbid!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I banged my knee last thurdsay evening, whilst in a drunken stupid. Its been agony ever since,.. 'Studies have proven that what you are experiencing is five times more painful than childbirth'
              Yeah, but have you ever had a paper-cut?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The best way to make an injury seem less painful is to inflict a much more painful one somewhere else. Or have you tried TENS? If you haven't got a TENS machine you can easily make your own using mains leads. Instruction on request.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  The best way to make an injury seem less painful is to inflict a much more painful one somewhere else. Or have you tried TENS? If you haven't got a TENS machine you can easily make your own using mains leads. Instruction on request.
                  Everyone knows that. I only banged my knee to take my mind off my piles, where were playing up.

now I need something to take my mind off my knee. I will be a gibbering wreck by the end of the week

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Everyone knows that. I only banged my knee to take my mind off my piles, where were playing up.

now I need something to take my mind off my knee. I will be a gibbering wreck by the end of the week

1 Take off your shoes and socks.
                    2 Put your foot next to the doorway with your little toe just over the edge of the doorway.
                    3 Slam the door.

HTH
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X