• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weightloss not going well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss not going well

I started this year with plans to get to the gym and start building myself back up again since the recent bout of pig flu. I have been a good little boy and been to the gym lots, and even played football on Monday night (even though it really hurt, far more than EOs leg and when an elephant gives birth and that)

In the first week I lost 7lbs (ok you always do in the first week, let's face it)
    Then all of a sudden I gained all 7lbs back on again. My belt is still a couple of notches looser, and I even look slimmer, but computer says no.

The only thing I can think of is muscle gain, as I have been lifting fixed weights at the gym (albeit low weight high reps to try and tone up a bit)

I have a cavemanesque metabolism in that I only have to smell nice food and I gain weight, but I also build muscle very easily. SY02 has commented on my muscles looking more toned and I can notice the difference.

Am I ballsing things up here in that I will end up looking like a musclebound neanderthal but actually lose no weight? Or will the downwards curve really kick in now that I have gained some muscle mass?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

And to have to listen to some self regarding, bed wetting , small brained, parochial turd, whinge about weight gain that happened yonks ago is just irritating.

HTH

Comment

the first thing that happens (and i am no expert) is that as a couch potato, you will get muscle tone. so you will lose some notches on your belt, without losing much weight.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        the first thing that happens (and i am no expert) is that as a couch potato, you will get muscle tone. so you will lose some notches on your belt, without losing much weight.

Dr EO should I get my Ollies removed?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I started this year with plans to get to the gym and start building myself back up again since the recent bout of pig flu. I have been a good little boy and been to the gym lots, and even played football on Monday night (even though it really hurt, far more than EOs leg and when an elephant gives birth and that)

In the first week I lost 7lbs (ok you always do in the first week, let's face it)
          Then all of a sudden I gained all 7lbs back on again. My belt is still a couple of notches looser, and I even look slimmer, but computer says no.

The only thing I can think of is muscle gain, as I have been lifting fixed weights at the gym (albeit low weight high reps to try and tone up a bit)

I have a cavemanesque metabolism in that I only have to smell nice food and I gain weight, but I also build muscle very easily. SY02 has commented on my muscles looking more toned and I can notice the difference.

Am I ballsing things up here in that I will end up looking like a musclebound neanderthal but actually lose no weight? Or will the downwards curve really kick in now that I have gained some muscle mass?
          Eat less
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It seems strange to loose 7lbs one week and then put it on the next. I doubt you have gained that much muscle weight. Maybe the scales are wrong ? Are you weighing yourself same time and day each week ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Eat less
              Oh yes, thanks for that.
              I am on a calorie controlled healthy eating diet and have been since the 2/01

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                SY02 has commented on my muscles looking more toned
                You're so easily placated.

Stop identifying yourself by a number. Weight is immaterial, do exercise, eat well and ignore the scales.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  It seems strange to loose 7lbs one week and then put it on the next. I doubt you have gained that much muscle weight. Maybe the scales are wrong ? Are you weighing yourself same time and day each week ?
                  I think it's strange. Yes I am, right after my morning "cleansing"

Comment

weight can fluctuate during the day by 2-5lbs.

Are you drinking plenty of water ?

Comment

Working...
                    X