• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happens when you get rid of Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens when you get rid of Labour

Everyone has money to spend

BBC News - Sainsbury's reports 'record' Christmas sales

Plenty of jobs to go round

BBC News - Jobs market 'on road to recovery'

Your pension looks good

BBC News - Pension schemes move back to surplus

The deficit and total debt is still booming through the roof though and at some stage we might have to pay some of it back.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      The deficit and total debt is still booming through the roof though and at some stage we might have to pay some of it back.
      Nahh, our Children might. We'll carry on spending and partying like there's no tommorrow.

The Press Association: Lloyds chief 'set for £2m bonus'

Boomed!

Comment

Every December for as long as I can remember, all the supermarkets say how it is the worst Xmas shopping period ever.

Every January all the supermarkets say it was the best Xmas shopping period ever.

I predict it every year and every year it happens.

A combination of commercial lies and bone-idle 'press release journalism'. Just disregard it.

It's all just a Heap of Wank™.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Recession puts loads of shops out of business. Sainsbury's picks up some of the slack. And that's supposed to be brilliant good news?

(disclaimer: no real facts were disturbed in the making of this argument)

Comment

Did they take inflation into account? Strip that away and I bet they come out even with 2009.

It highlights the skills reported to be in short supply by employers last month.

Sales, project management, and engineering were the top three mentioned by recruiters looking for permanent staff.
            Cha-Ching!
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Every December for as long as I can remember, all the supermarkets say how it is the worst Xmas shopping period ever.
              But aren't they saying it's been good this time?

Comment

I measure the state of the economy using the commute index.

The roads and railways on my commutes have been getting lighter for a year or two, which I assume to be because less people have jobs to go to. But over the last couple of months they've been ramping up to heavy again.

Comment

Every January all the supermarkets say it was the best Xmas shopping period ever.
                  Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  But aren't they saying it's been good this time?
                  It's still all just a Heap of Wank™.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    I measure the state of the economy using the commute index.

The roads and railways on my commutes have been getting lighter for a year or two, which I assume to be because less people have jobs to go to. But over the last couple of months they've been ramping up to heavy again.
                    Mine is similar - the more, and weirder, stuff that is being sold or promoted on station concourses, the hotter the economy.

Comment

Working...
                    X