• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To all musicians out there...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all musicians out there...

...432hz or 440hz?

And why?

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    ...432hz or 440hz?

And why?
    440, because that's what my tuner is set to by default

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      440, because that's what my tuner is set to by default
      But given a preference would you revert to 432hz? Have you tried?

Comment

gg

I am, indeed a musing, I have grade 6 piolond ade 5knowbut I have not th

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          I am, indeed a musing, I have grade 6 piolond ade 5knowbut I have not th
          You been on the beer at lunchtime Gimpy?

Comment

440 HZ is an International Stadard set aroung 1910 - some say this is heresy and the value shouls be 432 - I have set this on my digital piano and its a much better sound IMHO - you can see loads of debaet about his on the Net.

In a previous - and I hope - a future life I worked as a Piano Tuner - which pays much better than grubby IT work thesedays .

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              440 HZ is an International Stadard set aroung 1910 - some say this is heresy and the value shouls be 432 - I have set this on my digital piano and its a much better sound IMHO - you can see loads of debaet about his on the Net.

In a previous - and I hope - a future life I worked as a Piano Tuner - which pays much better than grubby IT work thesedays .
              Snag is the extra tension has smashed several old stringed instruments, like valuable Stradivarius violins
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X