• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York. New York!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York. New York!

Well I hope everything is peachy in the UK!

I have just arrived in New York city, settled into the Hilton and checking out my new surroundings.
    Clientco has shipped me off to the US for three months to oversee the roleout of our new system.

I find it incredible that 6 months ago I was just starting out as a DBA and here I am in charge of the UK dev team and now in charge of a US team!

Been offered a perm role here but looks like that will take some time to sort out visas. Is there anyone in this part of the world?

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    Is there anyone in this part of the world?

I am also in the Northern Hemisphere

Coffee's for closers

Comment

Dangerous place , New York.

I had this mate right.. No I cant go on. Its all just too awful. sob.

i'll try to pull myself together and tell you tomorrow. awful it was. the blood, oh the blood. everywhere it was.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Just remember your more likley to get stabbed in London than New York.

That's becuase you don't live in New York.

- Jimmy Carr

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          blah blah blah
          How is trucking business doing dude?

Can't say I missed you since there are always sockies on CUK - very lax banning rules here

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            How is trucking business doing dude?

Can't say I missed you since there are always sockies on CUK - very lax banning rules here
            We noticed. You volunteered to be banned not so long ago, and yet you are still here. Very lax.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
            X