• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charlie and his diaries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie and his diaries

Whats the haps here?

Surely if someone steals something and then gives that "something" to a newspaper then the newspaper has no right to publish it?

What difference does it make whether the future King of england see's himself as a dissident...if the papers came across something through other than legal means then they should have no rights to use that "something"

Wouldnt this be similar to someone stealing a car and then giving it to you and you expecting to be able to use it?

Mailman

Interesting post. You can almost hear the cogs grinding away. What do you do for a living again?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Charlie's Musings

Old Charlie Boy has gone up in my estimation considerably.

He has a natty turn of phrase (e.g. "the Great Chinese Takeaway") and writes quite lucidly and entertainingly.

Good for him if he thinks his role is to be a political rebel!

More rebels are what we need - from every drawer of society.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I agree such diaries should not be published unless there is serious public interest, as I think some judge commented on a similar occasion, that is not the same thing as interesting to the public.

Donlt too much mind some of the Prince of Daftness's attitudes (except on blood sports) and is a good idea if the monarchy comments on some issues, where this is of the form of defending citizens rights against oppressive governments.

Whether moaning about loss of Brittania, for example, really qualifies I doubt.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Forget bloodsports, Xog.

Isn't it slugsports you're more upset about?

Slug tossing, slug skating, slug jump etc?
          Discuss PDA/Smartphones
          Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

Slug-tossing?

Originally posted by dazza12
            Forget bloodsports, Xog.

Isn't it slugsports you're more upset about?

Slug tossing, slug skating, slug jump etc?
            You must have very small hands!!!!
            I'll get my coat
            Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
              I agree such diaries should not be published unless there is serious public interest, as I think some judge commented on a similar occasion, that is not the same thing as interesting to the public.
              I find the newspapers position completely indefensible. They received "stolen" copies of the future kings diaries so therefore, since these were received in other than legal circumstances, they have no right to use them.

But...seeing as this country is ruled by the tablods it wont surprise me if the judge finds in favour of the media and allows them to use the stolen material. After all, as you already said xog, its of the upmost interest to the public to find out Charlies views on the former royal yacht!

Mailman

Comment

I've always been a bit of a fan of Charles, he seems to have picked up his Dads knack for turning a phrase and added just enough discretion to know when to use it.

He does a good job of speaking up for opinions outside the political mainstream as well, if the bugger didnt support bloodsports I'd vote for him as PM, now that would be interesting
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I just come and talk to the plants, really-very important to talk to them, they respond I find.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by threaded
                    I just come and talk to the plants, really-very important to talk to them, they respond I find.
                    That's why you're posting here then................
                    Why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X