• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Roll back 25 years - it's 1986

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll back 25 years - it's 1986

As an antidote to all the doom and gloon and cynicism of 2011 I'm mentally rolling back to 1986 today.

Inspired by finding this on You Tube (bonus points available if you can tell us, without the aid of the internet, what it replaced as Number 1 and what subsequently replaced it at Number 1)

So, it's 1986. What's happening? I'm about to take my driving test and then I'm off skiing.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

I would have been in my early teenage years so basically this;

&

but mostly

Comment

Well, I was 4 so I was just starting, or about to start, school.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I was ten... and totally in love with Tom Cruise - ah the memories
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I would have been in my early teenage years so basically this;

&

but mostly
          At least one thing hasn't changed.

Comment

In 1986 I was 24 and working as an Operations Analyst in my one and only permie IT job. I went contract the following year.

I was still living with my parents, dating the woman that was to become my first wife and driving a 1956 Vauxhall Velox.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I was well into playing with Star Wars figures and riding my bike.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                At least one thing hasn't changed.
                Yeah I know. Smoking is a disgusting habit but I enjoy it.

Comment

After a tentative practice run with Panini Football 85, I would have been motoring through Panini Football 86, and would swap you two Mark Duxbury's and a Kenny Dalglish for a foily of the UEFA Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    So, it's 1986. What's happening?
                    I am either hungover, eating bacon rolls and debugging COBOL, or pissed, eating MacDonalds and writing COBOL.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X