• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get rich quick schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rich quick schemes

I have hit on this brilliant idea for making a mint quickly.

I'm going to concoct a story that I have found a natural spring on one of my country properties. I will then start to have it bottled and get a celebrity to endorse it.

I will of course be filling bottles up from the tap in my kitchen. No-one will any the wiser.

I was thinking of getting David Beckham to do the endorsement and was planning to call it Beckham Springs Water.

Anyone else have any sure plan ideas?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I'm going to concoct a story that I have found a natural spring on one of my country properties. I will then start to have it bottled and get a celebrity to endorse it.

I will of course be filling bottles up from the tap in my kitchen. No-one will any the wiser.

I was thinking of getting David Beckham to do the endorsement and was planning to call it Beckham Springs Water.

Am charging a tenner for anyone who want to punch MF in the face.

Comment

I suspect that Mr Beckham's rate for endorsements is somewhat more than the price of a large house in the home counties, so you'll need a fair bit of capital and you'll have to flog a hell of a lot of water.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You will be sued by one of the multinational FMCG corps if you do pay a royalty fee. One of them will surely have patented the idea of selling bottled water. And probably the concept of selling water period.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

This time next year Rodders...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Aha!

I shall patent water & charge everyone.

Sorted.
            Good luck with that, but I have a patent pending for 2 molecules of Hydrogen and 1 of Oxygen. I invented that.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Good luck with that, but I have a patent pending for 2 molecules of Hydrogen and 1 of Oxygen. I invented that.
              I have a patent for a molecule consisting of 2 atoms of Hydrogen and 1 of Oxygen. Good luck with yours.

Comment

I don't think the bottled water business is as simple as using plain tap water, because in its raw state tap water is too pure and sterile for a successful bottled water business. Plastic water buyers need something to chew on. At minimum it would need to be laced with small amounts of heavy metals and biological toxins, and don't forget the plasticy aftertaste (a schoolboy error).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I have a patent for a molecule consisting of 2 atoms of Hydrogen and 1 of Oxygen. Good luck with yours.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Coke produced dasani. Major supplier thames water. Didn't work for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X