• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does my graph go all squiggly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does my graph go all squiggly?

Linky

Look at the fluctuations today between 6.25 and 6.5p.

Is this day traders and spread betters making a crafty buck?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

The difference between the highs and lows are only 0.1p or about 1.7%. I can't imagine it's spreadbetters as the spread between buy and sell would be more than that.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
      The difference between the highs and lows are only 0.1p or about 1.7%. I can't imagine it's spreadbetters as the spread between buy and sell would be more than that.
      So who's arsing about with "my" stock?

Comment

Another observation:

To pocket £100 by buying at the lower squiggle and selling at the high, you would need to trade in volumes of about 100,000 shares. The volumes of those trades are much smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          Another observation:

To pocket £100 by buying at the lower squiggle and selling at the high, you would need to trade in volumes of about 100,000 shares. The volumes of those trades are much smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            So who's arsing about with "my" stock?
            The Ugandan government?

TOWER RESOURCES Discussion TRP TRP.L - Interactive Investor

Comment

The mid price is changing. The graph will be based on the mid point between the selling price and the buying price.

As you cannot actually sell for the mid price this is a moot point concerning 'day trading'.

The buy and sell prices move constantly throughout the day and on a low price penny share, which this is, if there is volume it looks like it's moving.

Which it isn't.

But now I know you're in it. I'm going to short it.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                The mid price is changing. The graph will be based on the mid point between the selling price and the buying price.

As you cannot actually sell for the mid price this is a moot point concerning 'day trading'.

The buy and sell prices move constantly throughout the day and on a low price penny share, which this is, if there is volume it looks like it's moving.

Which it isn't.

Well **** me, it's George Soros!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Well **** me, it's George Soros!
                  I've just shorted Dickhead PLC as well. I definitely know you're in that one.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Which it isn't.
                    Trebled my dough already, and expecting this share to go all the way up to around 45p. Nice little earner I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                    X