• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Le Touquet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Touquet

To mark the end of my post Christmas healthy binge, I fancy putting the car on the Eurotunnel train & going over to France the 1st weekend of Feb. I've always wanted to go to Le Touquet. Have looked into it, nice hotels, restaurants etc but there is one question the guides don't answer; does it smell bad? If it smells anything like Boulogne, its neighbour up the coast, I'm not going within a million miles of it whether they call it "Paris On Sea" or not. Anyone been?

I can't vouch for Le Touquet, but a couple of years back we went to Berck which is just down the coast. It was windy enough to blow any dodgy smells away.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      To mark the end of my post Christmas healthy binge, I fancy putting the car on the Eurotunnel train & going over to France the 1st weekend of Feb. I've always wanted to go to Le Touquet. Have looked into it, nice hotels, restaurants etc but there is one question the guides don't answer; does it smell bad? If it smells anything like Boulogne, its neighbour up the coast, I'm not going within a million miles of it whether they call it "Paris On Sea" or not. Anyone been?
      So what happens at Le Touquet?

It would be easier and cheaper to put the car on the M40 and head to the annual Cheese Rolling contest at Cooper's Hill in Gloucestershire. Might smell a bit cheesy though.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        So what happens at Le Touquet?
        Not a lot. Just a nice place apparently. It's the place of choice for Parisians to go at weekends & it's not far from the French end of the tunnel so easily doable for a weekend.

Comment

Not a lot. Just a nice place apparently. It's the place of choice for Parisians to go at weekends & it's not far from the French end of the tunnel so easily doable for a weekend.
          Went there as a kid with a school trip. Cobbled streets, quite French. I enjoyed my time there, but then again I was only a kid and my time was spent not only practising my French but smuggling booze, fags and fire crackers (then illegal) back to the UK.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Why not do the Cannonball run?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Looking at the cost of accomodation there Morocco seem attractive.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I went there on a school trip when I was a kid, so it was a long time ago.

I do remember a strange smell that lingered over the whole of that part of France but I don't recall that I found it particularly offensive.

Comment

there is a an endurance styled beach race is held every spring at the seaside town of Le Touquet. The event attracts riders and spectators from across Europe. There are approx 1000 vehicles that start...

Worth checking your dates, as you may find thre are a lot of people still in hotels. Also they town may be "recovering" from 50k spectators!

http://www.enduropaledutouquet.fr/www/en/home_page.aspx

Comment

A guy I worked with several years ago went to Le Touquet several times and loved it.

Comment

Working...
                    X