• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The universe will never be the same again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The universe will never be the same again

My whole world and belief system has crashed
    Linky

Oh nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Acknowledging the shifting of the Zodiac as a result of the precession of the equinoxes was an important aspect of the astrological system of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, founded in 1888. It's nice to see that MSNBC has finally caught up with this important news

Comment

Thanks heavers for that. I could never see how I had the nauseating qualities of Sagittarians, sporty, sociable, great sense of fair play etc.
      Now I'm an Ophiuchus or, sounds even better, Serpentarius. Sounds nice and sneaky and slithery.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Was it Jeremy Hardy who did a gag along the lines of:

"News just in. A plane has crashed into a mountain in Brazil. All 372 passengers have been killed. All were Sagittarians, obviously."

Astrology. It's all just a Heap of Wank™.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Was it Jeremy Hardy who did a gag along the lines of:

"News just in. A plane has crashed into a mountain in Brazil. All 372 passengers have been killed. All were Sagittarians, obviously."

Astrology. It's all just a Heap of Wank™.
          Why were they obviously all Sagittarians?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Today... all Sagittarians will have a bad day. If you're going on holiday - don't go by plane.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

It's always best not to rush these newfangled things.

Might just be a passing fad, as I once said to the Beaker folk about the Celtic invasion.
              Exactly, if people weren't so damned impatient they'd only have to wait 25,000 years or so for the zodiac to be back where it started.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                When everyone dies in a 'plane crash, either all 12 astrological signs predicted a bad day, OR there were only people from the astrological signs due to have a bad day on the 'plane OR astrology is all a Heap of Wank™.

Likewise, all the people on the Titanic who died must have all been of the save birth sign, whereas all those who survived must have all been of the other birth signs.

And when Herculaneum was wiped out by Vesuvius, the entire town must have been made up of people all born in the same 4 week period.

And so on.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X