• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone going to try and get 2012 Olypmics tickets?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening in March I think. Not sure how it works but I'm going to try for

Opening Ceremony
    Mens 100m Final
    Womens Pole Vault Final
    Last edited by moorfield; 15 January 2011, 22:17.

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Opening in March I think. Not sure how it works but I'm going to try for

Opening Ceremony
    Mens 100m Final
    Womens Pole Vault Final
    I am registered and I think they become available around 15-Mar.

Not sure what I am going to try for yet.

Comment

No.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Mens' 100m final is the most expensive isn't it, £hundreds per ticket for <10s of action?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No.

Opening in March I think.
          15th March. Link.

Sports fans will have six weeks to decide which event they want to attend before making a final submission.

There are 6.6m tickets available and applications will close on 26 April, with all oversubscribed sessions being allocated via a ballot.

Q&A: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12181583
          Last edited by RichardCranium; 15 January 2011, 23:47.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Nope. WGAF? It's just a bunch of people I don't know either throwing things, or running round in circles.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

I am going to buy a few thousands of tickets, then sell then half price.

DimPrawn the dirty spekulant.

Comment

I was thinking of getting some, one in a lifetime etc, not interested in the opening ceremony or 100m though, will look at some of the other events, I am not going to pay stupid money though.
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Mmmm.

Actually think I will get tickets. My old mum went in (1948) so thinking about it, might be a good present.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I worked for Auntie Beeb during the late 80's and 90's and went out to Barcelona for the Olympics. My press pass got me in to all arenas so, when I had a hour break, I walked from the IBC to nearby venues. Although the stadium had to be done a couple of times, I found myself going back to see the fencing on 5 or 6 occassions.

I would definitely suggest going to see at least something, even if it's not something you'd consider watching on TV. Any sporting event has a much better atmosphere when your a physically there and not sat in your armchair at home.
                    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
                    X