• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Move your valuables into the loft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move your valuables into the loft

BBC news headlines on RSS since this morning:

England: Flood defences put up in Appleby as River Eden rises

Scotland: Heavy rain prompts flood alerts in Scotland

Wales: Flood warnings in Conwy valley, Tenby as rain continues

South Africa: South Africa to declare flood disaster

Australia: Australia floods: Brisbane begins massive clean-up

Brazil: Brazil floods: Army deployed in Rio de Janeiro state

Sir Lanka: Sri Lanka floods: UN calls for emergency aid
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

We are part the way up a hill and it is incredibly unlikely, although maybe just possible we could get flooded.

If the waters got high enough to dampen our carpets it would be almost worth it as neighbour MR PIKEY SCUM'S house would be flooded up to the first floor ceiling. Brill!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Mmmm....not possible I live in a ground floor flat in an area that is not part of a flood zone part way up a hill.

Thames Water dug up the road a couple of years back to change the sewers to stop us flooding the people right at the bottom of the hill.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Part way up a hill too at 300ft so no danger.

The stream that runs through the garden would be more of a worry but is more likely to affect the road below me rather than the house itself.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

No loft here, but got a proper attic.

Being in a fairly high bit of the Pennines I'm not that worried.

Comment

♪ Things. ♫ Can only get wetter. ♫

BBC - Weather - UK Warnings

Flood Warning
            Sunday 16 January

SEVERE FLOOD WARNING

There are 19 flood warnings currently in force in the United Kingdom, in the following regions: NORTHWEST (3), NORTHEAST (6), WALES (1), SCOTLAND (9).
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

We have a bit of water in the Main here in Frankfurt

"Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
              X