• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in London - accomodation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in London - accomodation

If you were faced with working in central London for 12 months on contract what are the viable accomodation options?

How much is a decent hotel.
    How much is a studio flat rental?
    How much is a flat share etc.

Thanks

will completely depend on where you are looking to live!!!

try loot online for details of house/flat shares, bedsits and studio flat rentals.
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by jason986
      If you were faced with working in central London for 12 months on contract what are the viable accomodation options?

How much is a decent hotel.
      How much is a studio flat rental?
      How much is a flat share etc.

Thanks
      Decent Hotel - from £60 per night
      Studio flat - from £600 per month depending on area
      Flat share - from £400 per month depending on area

These are minimum prices, for the basics.

Being older I would go for a studio, if you are younger go for the flat share.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

There's normally a fair amount of accommodation on here which will give you an idea of prices in different areas of London.

http://www.gumtree.com/

Comment

Thanks - that gives me a good idea.

Comment

I know a good brollie that recommends a great 'sleeping rough under the Embankment Station' and 'homlessness project meal deals' and allows contractors non-receipted £50 per night accommodation dispensation and a £10 per night non-receipted food allowance. This living style also implies that you have 'opted out' of normal living arrangements and could be a critical pointer for being outside IR35.

Got to be the way to go in summer and there's no commuting costs to worry about too. Make sure those past their sell-by date sandwiches ares still fresh though (I'd avoid the ones with fish).

Comment

Working...
            X