• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is Antigua like?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Antigua like?

I am off there on holiday
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It would be much like the other islands in the carribbean I imagine.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Nice, I was meant to get married there.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Possibility a) DodgyAgent has a booked a holiday to a place he knows nothing about, and is only now doing some research, and has chosen a bunch of contractors rather than Google.

Possibility b) DodgyAgent is telling us he is off on holiday to Antigua.

Enjoy your holiday, you smug agent, you.

How long you going for?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

you must be bonkers. I dont want to be a wet blanket dodgy, but I had a mate who went there and it was the worst mistake he ever made. ever.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            you must be bonkers. I dont want to be a wet blanket dodgy, but I had a mate who went there and it was the worst mistake he ever made. ever.

Mmmmmmm pirates.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Possibility a) DodgyAgent has a booked a holiday to a place he knows nothing about, and is only now doing some research, and has chosen a bunch of contractors rather than Google.

Possibility b) DodgyAgent is telling us he is off on holiday to Antigua.

Enjoy your holiday, you smug agent, you.

How long you going for?
              Right on both counts
              only a week
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Some interesting info here.

You should be aware that it is an offence for anyone, including children, to dress in camouflage clothing.
                WTF?
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Mmmmmmm pirates.
                  no, he wat bitten by an Antiguan brown, a semi venomous snake. harmless to the locals, but quite serious to western europeans, because we have no immunity to the enzymes in the saliva. Its not fatal, but causes necrotisation and he had to have a large amount of tissue ampuated.
                  He as bitten on the bum (the snake was foraging for food in the bog, when he sat down) and had most of his left buttock removed.
                  He told me that he still remembers that holiday i Antigua every time he slips off the john, due to uneven buttock muscles.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Don't be so mean.

Just because the crime is so bad that the cruse ships don't stop there any more and it is now a gangster's paradise, DA shouldn't worry that "there has been an overall increase in crime in Antigua over recent years, including gun crime, and four foreign tourists have been killed since July 2008".

I doubt DA would need to call on the British High Commission (which is as well since there isn't one), especially since we're nowhere near the peak political demonstrations period in October, and the hurricanes should have just about finished by now.

Just so long as he got all his tropical disease jabs and boosters done on time, he'll probably be fine.

Ignore the Daily Wail's scare-mongering "the recent attack on a British honeymoon couple has shed light on Antigua's shocking crime rate" stories such as Antigua's crime curse.

Also ignore naysayers saying "Antigua has a history of corruption and stealing from foreign citizens" or "Don't let the beautiful beaches fool you. Antigua is home of one of the world's most corrupt governments, which is deeply rooted in nepotism and moral depravity." On the flip side there is good to be said: "Royal Bank of Canada yesterday made a donation to Crime Stoppers Antigua as part of its continued campaign to give back to the community."

So long as the bad food establishments are avoided (only 356,000 hits on Google, so not too bad), DA will have a great time.

Watch out for the jellyfish. And "There is also a "Stingray City" in the sea surrounding the Caribbean island of Antigua".
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X