• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Absolutely knackered

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely knackered

My train from Manchester was at 5:05 like every Monday, meaning my taxi arrived at 4:20, meaning my alarm went off at 4. I stupidly went to bed at 11:30 giving me a total of 4.5 hours of sleep available. Out of the 4.5 hours I managed zero. Nothing. Feck all. As a result I'm bleedin knackered

Today will be mainly brought to you by Costa!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    My train from Manchester was at 5:05 like every Monday, meaning my taxi arrived at 4:20, meaning my alarm went off at 4. I stupidly went to bed at 11:30 giving me a total of 4.5 hours of sleep available. Out of the 4.5 hours I managed zero. Nothing. Feck all. As a result I'm bleedin knackered

I know how you feel. Ive battled insomnia all my adult life, its no fun.

Some of us are just wired up to be night owls. I can go to bed with a full 8 hours before I have to get up and still not get a wonk.

There is definitely something psychological going on too though. I get it worse when I know I have to be up early.

These days I just manage my life differently. If I need to be somewhere early, I get there the night before or take nytol which is effective but does leave you feeling drowsy the next day; though nothing like as bad as the kind of tired you feel when you've had no sleep at all. That's just horrible - hot and cold flushes, nausea, vile taste in your mouth, sore eyes. Never mind, spend the day thinking how good it will be to crawl into bed this evening. And if you're anything like me, you'll be wide awake again come nighttime!

Comment

You can get ready in 20 mins?

Time for me seems to take on a 'viscous' property at that time of the morning.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        You can get ready in 20 mins?

Time for me seems to take on a 'viscous' property at that time of the morning.
        I get ready in less than that - have everything set out and packed up. Have a shower before bed and use the first class lounge at Euston to freshen up - when they have hot water that is!! I decided I'd have a shower to try and wake myself up a bit and they had no hot water.

I've always been quick in the mornings. I can't see the point of getting up 30 mins earlier and sitting watching crap telly and having a brew.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I get ready in less than that - have everything set out and packed up. Have a shower before bed and use the first class lounge at Euston to freshen up - when they have hot water that is!! I decided I'd have a shower to try and wake myself up a bit and they had no hot water.

I've always been quick in the mornings. I can't see the point of getting up 30 mins earlier and sitting watching crap telly and having a brew.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            I know how you feel. Ive battled insomnia all my adult life, its no fun.

Some of us are just wired up to be night owls. I can go to bed with a full 8 hours before I have to get up and still not get a wonk.

There is definitely something psychological going on too though. I get it worse when I know I have to be up early.

These days I just manage my life differently. If I need to be somewhere early, I get there the night before or take nytol which is effective but does leave you feeling drowsy the next day; though nothing like as bad as the kind of tired you feel when you've had no sleep at all. That's just horrible - hot and cold flushes, nausea, vile taste in your mouth, sore eyes. Never mind, spend the day thinking how good it will be to crawl into bed this evening. And if you're anything like me, you'll be wide awake again come nighttime!
            That's the really annoying thing! By 9pm tonight I'll be fine and end up staying up. I will have to force myself to go to bed. Next week I'm picking my son up from his school in Worcester so I'll be driving back on Sunday night so at least I'll get a normal nights sleep!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Is this the lifestyle you dream of?

Why do the middle classes live these rat race lives, lack of sleep, long hours, massive bills and debts to pay.

Total madness.

I'll stick to a mixture of 15 minute commutes and working from home thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                That's what I thought - but they are not that bad....when they have water. Free veruca with every shower!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Why do the middle classes live these rat race lives, lack of sleep, long hours, massive bills and debts to pay.

Total madness.

Working from home is not an option on this one.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Total madness.

It is mad, but not everyone else has your vast wealth and superior skillset to be able to pick and choose. I've just done 7 months of the mad lifestyle, quitting in 2 weeks. It is early grave stuff if you do it for too long. Throw in a bit of insomnia and it is defo early grave stuff !

Comment

Working...
                    X