• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disturbing powerpoint slide….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disturbing powerpoint slide….

Walked past one of the meeting rooms this morning where a management brainwashing scheme was in full flight.

The slide said:

Hire for experience

Fire for personality.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Walked past one of the meeting rooms this morning where a management brainwashing scheme was in full flight.

The slide said:

Hire for experience

Fire for personality.
    Tell it to Carol Lewis.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The slide said:

Hire for experience

Fire for personality.
      You should be safe then.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

The slide said:

Hire for experience

Fire for personality.
        It is very disturbing if they are promoting that, because that is A Bad Thing. Link.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Last IT manager but one was interviewing for a secretary / PA.
          He had two candidates, a vastly experienced 50 yr old, proven track record, and a blonde 25 yr old who had been working as a temp doing data entry onto exel spreaddies.

His decision - 'Im hiring the blonde. we can always train her to be a good secretary and a PA, but we can never train the other one to have massive swinging bazongas'

I sh 1t ye not

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I have found that the problem lies with the ass kissing middle managment who feel that there rise to middle managment has finally given their pointless trivial little lives some sort of purpose.

They would rather die than relinquish this tiny bit of power they percieve they have.

And so they simply cannot cope with managing people who may have a personality and an opnion and thus they Fire for Personality.

There is a very good reason for this - people with personalites are often free-er thinkers and so will question what is happening rather than just take what middle manamgment say as being gospel.

probably.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Last IT manager but one was interviewing for a secretary / PA.
              He had two candidates, a vastly experienced 50 yr old, proven track record, and a blonde 25 yr old who had been working as a temp doing data entry onto exel spreaddies.

His decision - 'Im hiring the blonde. we can always train her to be a good secretary and a PA, but we can never train the other one to have massive swinging bazongas'

I sh 1t ye not

That's probably how the 50 year old got her start 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                I have found that the problem lies with the ass kissing middle managment who feel that there rise to middle managment has finally given their pointless trivial little lives some sort of purpose.

They would rather die than relinquish this tiny bit of power they percieve they have.

And so they simply cannot cope with managing people who may have a personality and an opnion and thus they Fire for Personality.

There is a very good reason for this - people with personalites are often free-er thinkers and so will question what is happening rather than just take what middle manamgment say as being gospel.

probably.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                X