• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Peaceful protests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peaceful protests

As Homer Simpson once said, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Take this for example.

People have taken their maximum allowance of books from Stony Stratford library, Milton Keynes - clearing all 16,000 volumes from its shelves.

Milton Keynes Council is considering closing the library within its draft plans to save £26m in 2011/12.

Friends of Stony Stratford Library (FOSSL) said they were amazed at how everyone had pulled together.
    I received an email this morning urging me to boycott BP and Esso until they bring their prices down. Granted this is a stupid idea and will only make the other oil companies richer and possibly monopolise the industry still further, but still. People power and all that.

Jamie Oliver was urging us to ask for kinds of fish which are thrown back into the sea wastefully, to ask at the supermarket and create a demand.

I wonder if the sleeping masses realise the power we have at our disposal to peacefully protest.

Plenty to protest about, let's face it. VAT increase for starters. Price of a pint. Price of a litre of petrol.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Let's just stop drinking and driving. That'll **** them up!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
    X